Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Should I trade my Stryker?

Raider or Stryker?

20K views 65 replies 28 participants last post by  mikoloe 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I road my friends raider yest and I went to the dealer to see how much would it cost me to trade my Stryker in and get a 2010 raider that they have left over...I'm very confused...the raider has power but the Stryker looks SEXY!!

I know I have my own opinion but I would like to hear some of yours...
Is it worth the money?

Thank you guys!!

#5 ·
not that much more power with the raider over the styrker atleast not enough to trade it in for one. I just raced one this past weekend for the 3rd time and it was neck and neck til we got up to around 80 then he slowly started pulling away and he was running a 210 tire and I have a 240 tire on mine. The raider has stock intake with cobra drag pipes. Mine has stock intake with cobra slip on exhaust

#6 ·
At some point it becomes a numbers game... I have more than you have kinda thing... It's all about what feel comfortable to YOU... I rode a Raider the other day... to me, it feels heavy and sluggish to respond to manuever... has a nice feel when you roll on the throttle though... I had my wife on the back of my STRYKER and was neck and neck with the raider at 95mph... We both had plenty of gas left... for real though... max speed limit is 70mph on most hwy's... 85mph would most likely get me a huge ticket and my bike impounded....

#7 ·
As far as power is concerned, how much do you really need?? I put some thought into this before getting the Stryker and this is also one of the main reasons I won't ride on any rice rocket. Great bikes, but too much power all I'm going to do is get speeding tickets and put my life in danger. Stryker has more then enough power, and looks great.

#9 ·
mavros1413 said:
Thanks guys!!! I agree tho about th numbers!! I put a lot of work in this bike and I feel like I would regret selling it also!!
Isnt your avaitar a pic of your bike on a dyno? That'd be a waste if so. Have someone pick up the Raider for a test drive and you can race. Once you see there is little difference it will put your concerns to rest.

#10 ·
midlifecrisis said:
mavros1413 said:
Thanks guys!!! I agree tho about th numbers!! I put a lot of work in this bike and I feel like I would regret selling it also!!
Isnt your avaitar a pic of your bike on a dyno? That'd be a waste if so. Have someone pick up the Raider for a test drive and you can race. Once you see there is little difference it will put your concerns to rest.
Thanks midlife ;)

#12 ·
there are lots of threads here asking this very same question......bottom line is that it seems
everyone loves their bike here. I happen to be a Raider owner and I absolutely love my bike
as well as the stryker owners here. I think the raider is a very cool and bad @ss bike. Stryker's
looks were based off the Raider......I think yamaha built the Stryker because people were
intimidated by the THOUGHT of a 1900cc engine. I ma 5' 6" with short legs and I love the handling,
power and style of this bike without a doubt......only thing that could get me off this beast is
a vmax

#13 ·
Stryker said:
rice rocket does that mean the stryker is a rice cruiser. ;D I've never like the term rice rocket or crotch rocket. Its a sport bike lol.
I believe the Stryker would be a rice chopper ;D

#14 ·
Ronin said:
Stryker said:
rice rocket does that mean the stryker is a rice cruiser. ;D I've never like the term rice rocket or crotch rocket. Its a sport bike lol.
Rice muscle chopper ;D
They are both really awesome bikes. To me it would boil down to getting closest to my satisfaction in all areas for the $$$$$. If I had money to burn than it would be a no brainer. Custom built all the way. But since I don,t have that kind of money I went with what looked good and was comfortable for me to ride and for my wallet. But a guy on another forum just bought a left over 09 new Raider for under $10,000.00. That would be worth looking into.

#15 ·
Toby said:
Ronin said:
Stryker said:
Rice muscle chopper ;D
They are both really awesome bikes. To me it would boil down to getting closest to my satisfaction in all areas for the $$$$$. If I had money to burn than it would be a no brainer. Custom built all the way. But since I don,t have that kind of money I went with what looked good and was comfortable for me to ride and for my wallet. But a guy on another forum just bought a left over 09 new Raider for under $10,000.00. That would be worth looking into.

Now that's a good deal!! But it's an 09 and it's 2012 I think the Strykers will have a value after several years because 2011 were the first that were made...correct me if I'm wrong

#16 ·
mavros1413 said:
Toby said:
Ronin said:
Stryker said:
Rice muscle chopper ;D

Now that's a good deal!! But it's an 09 and it's 2012 I think the Strykers will have a value after several years because 2011 were the first that were made...correct me if I'm wrong
I think you are right and I believe they are already discontinuing 2 of the 3 2011 models which will make them collector items so I'm considering keeping mine stock.

#17 ·
I've ridden the Raider and wouldn't trade my Stryker for one. I don't like the way it feels. The power may be great, but in reality when do you really need that much power. The Stryker can do everything the Raider does. Maybe its only for bragging rights. " Gee I'm riding 1800 CC'S. Penis envy" ;D

#26 ·
I agree king....it is extremely obvious that everyone here loves their bike and this question has been asked too many times on this forum. The forum is still very young and will grow and has grown extremely fast. I am thinking, and have said it many many times. I don't think you can wrong either way!!! People buy strykers for their personal reasons and people buy raiders for their personal reasons as well.........IT IS ALSO OBVIOUS THAT YAMAHA IS ON TO SOMETHING WITH THIS DESIGN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.