Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Is there any way to raise the seat of the Stryker? Having long legs, I feel that the bike is a little to low for me. Can the spring suspension be adjusted to raise the rear section higher?

thanks,
StrykerOut

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
891 Posts
I don’t think without fabbing new mounts for the seat. But then you would have a big gap between seat and frame. Stiffening the preload may stop some sag but will affect ride, doubt you will get more than inch from that . A 240 rear tire will give ya about an inch. Most of us long leg guys get extended forward controls 3” seems to fit most. I also added floorboards which made a huge difference in comfortableness. But sounds like you don’t have a problem with controls just ride height. What I’ve done is push my feet forward a few inches when I come to a stop.

·
2,670 Posts
You'd probably have to go with air-ride in order to raise the seat above the stock height. You could also have a custom seat made that is simply thicker. Another option is to go with a 240 or 250 series rear tire. That will raise the seat a little bit too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts