Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 stryker with slip on cobra pipes and am about to change the air intake. Would I be better off sending the ECU to get Re-flashed or getting a power commander or is both something is should consider?

·
8,693 Posts
I can remove it in less than 30 seconds. pop seat off, take battery tray off, and pull it out and remove electrical connecter

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but along these lines, if I get Ivan's ECU flash then the power commander later, does that negate the need for the auto tuner?

·
Administrator
4,767 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but along these lines, if I get Ivan's ECU flash then the power commander later, does that negate the need for the auto tuner?
Power commander and auto tune do the same. The power commander needs programming and Ivan has the specific map for the stryker. The auto tune is plug and play. If you have auto tune there is no need for the power commander unless you just want it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at pics and one site showed the power commander plugged into the auto tune. I thought I was looking at a $900+ mod.

·
8,693 Posts
There is an Autotune feature that can be added to the Power commander also, but that is just overkill, If you get the ECU Flashed with Ivan, you can also buy the Power Commander from him and he will premap it for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts