Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I needed to pick up Desiree's Stryker for her since she wouldn't have had time to get home from work and get to the dealer before they close. So I ended up riding it home and this was the first time I've taken it more than about a mile and dealt with it in traffic. I was about 10.6 miles from home. I must say it rides very well. I don't notice the speed like I do on my Raider and it definitely has a smaller and lighter feel than my Raider, but it's very enjoyable. I used to feel very self-conscious riding Desiree's V-Star 650. I'm 6' 2" and I just looked like nothing, but legs and arms hanging off this little bike. I'd even avoid other riders because I didn't want them to see me on it (and that was while wearing a helmet). I cannot say the same thing about the Stryker. I wasn't embarrassed in the slightest. It's a gorgeous bike and it rides nice. I had to be careful taking corners because I'd really lean into it and didn't want to be the first one to scrape her pegs.

The only thing I'd really like to change on it so I felt a bit more intimidating is the sound and I'm hoping she lets me drill out the exhaust soon (at least for now).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
I totally agree with the way it rides.....I was just a bit disappointed
when I gave it that familiar hard twist of the throttle and it didnt
give me the same response I am acustomed to ::) ::) ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
dejablu110 said:
I totally agree with the way it rides.....I was just a bit disappointed
when I gave it that familiar hard twist of the throttle and it didnt
give me the same response I am acustomed to ::) ::) ::)
Come on gurl!! I am so acustomed to my Raider, that it doesn't feel like a big deal anymore, i got reminded last ride on it, brought the respect level back up! ;D


RSR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Every once in a while I'll give it a little extra twist on the Raider not thinking about it and feel like I'm going to fly off the seat. Then I just start chuckling as I ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Raider = 113 cubic inch, stryker = 80 cubic inch, for the difference in size I think the stryker is very impressive compared to the stryker, and harleys are still no match, i love playing with them though ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
dont get me wrong.....it is a nice bike and Im sure it will give alot
of HD's a run, but when you are used to the torque monster....Raider
...........it was a lil bit of a let down. Again, nothing bad, against the
Stryker, you are absolutely correct.
dutchs said:
Raider = 113 cubic inch, stryker = 80 cubic inch, for the difference in size I think the stryker is very impressive compared to the stryker, and harleys are still no match, i love playing with them though ;D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
dejablu110 said:
dont get me wrong.....it is a nice bike and Im sure it will give alot
of HD's a run, but when you are used to the torque monster....Raider
...........it was a lil bit of a let down. Again, nothing bad, against the
Stryker, you are absolutely correct.
dutchs said:
Raider = 113 cubic inch, stryker = 80 cubic inch, for the difference in size I think the stryker is very impressive compared to the stryker, and harleys are still no match, i love playing with them though ;D
You are just Spoiled now with the Raider Deja -LMAO
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
During the Winter while I couldn't ride at all, I did come accross a used 1900 Raider Engine from a wreck that was intact with the electronics and all and could even test start, that I thought would be cool in the Stryker. How cool would that be.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top