Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hated the Color of the Rear inner disc plate.

Its actually removable If you have the tire off, And the disc has a pretty coo; design to it, but looks like it should be on a rocket, Hence the Odd trim cover thing on it I believe.

I painted the Axle bolts and Adjusters too. The other side will follow. I really think it changed the image of the right rear of the bike. :)

Before

After

·
Registered
468 Posts
That does look good, several guys on the Raider forum just remove it, but if you are into taking your bike to the dark side, that is the way to go! Thanks for sharing the pix.

RSR

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think the black and chrome versions look great. I would consider doing it, but you can barely see mine due to the large saddlebags.

·
8,693 Posts
Cool idea. Thanks for sharing. I think I will be doing this to mine also now. I am going to take rear wheel off to get my 240 avon tire put on tonight. Can't ride to dealer yet. 45 degrees and constant rain today.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ares....do you think the same bolts we use for the raider would work
on the stryker for this cover removal? The rotor looks custum without it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would guess, but I can't say for sure and I never removed mine.

I can't imagine Yamaha would differ with these parts. That would be an inventory nightmare.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There are bolts that go through the cover that need to be replaced and since the cover will no longer be included they're a different length. I think everyone uses the bolts for the Warrior when removing the cover from the Raider. Deja would know for sure since she's done it.

·
8,693 Posts
I decided to keep my disc, but Blacked it out with paint tonight like MegaBuddys.

·
Registered
468 Posts
dejablu110 said:
Yeah, when you cut that disc off, replace the bolts with
front warrior bolts.
I think if you were to actually give the size of the bolts, it maybe a bit more helpful. There's a lot of front bolts on a warrior. ;D It looks like you used chrome bolts! very cool!

RSR

·
Registered
317 Posts
Here's another cheap/ free mod I tackled this weekend.... removing the rear disc cover. After seeing everyone else's mod of removing it, it really does look alot better. I considered painting it, but felt that it looked cleaner without it. Now to just order the Warrior front bolts. :)

*Now begins flipping through the forum more for additional mod ideas to conquer next* lol :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts