Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have 240 back tire. 8 K miles on it. Holds good, no air leakage. However I noticed a line recently in the middle of it. Never seen anything like that. Any thoughts?
20200522_145758.jpg

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
91 Posts
From a safety standpoint, none. I would get that tire changed asap. It's just not worth the headache and possible extra damage or injury if it were to blow at highway speed.
Trying to guesstimate how many miles are left in it is impossible.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Order a tire. That thing is toast. What Deezel said. You don't want to incur damage or an accident from a part that needs to be replaced. 8k miles seems low. I got 21,000 km (12000+ miles) out of my last MCII.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
820 Posts
As said ready for a new one. I can tell ya best mileage i got so far from one tire is the Cobra. 9800 miles and Im sure it will last rest of this and next season.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Folks, I have 240 back tire. 8 K miles on it. Holds good, no air leakage. However I noticed a line recently in the middle of it. Never seen anything like that. Any thoughts? View attachment 123267
Looks like your cords are just starting to show. Thats what the little horizontal striations appear to be. This is typical in wide tires as the center will always wear out long before the edges. That worn sport is the contact patch you use most. I didnt catch what brand youre running by 8k is pretty darn good for a motorcycle tire. If you need something cheap shinko has a 240. Thats what i went to and it saved me something like 60$ versus the factory 210 size metzler tire. I only got around 5-6k out of the metzler anyways and all my other bikes had shinkos that gave me about that range. Plus the shinkos really seem to STICK unlike the dunlops i had on some of my older bikes that hated anything metal (manholes rail tracks etc...) Or wet roads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would not say 8K "is pretty darn good" for an adult ridden cruiser. I had tires running for 15K. Anyway, I switched back to the original 210. Speedo is lying again but it turns out that I missed that lighter maneuvering on tight slopes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts