Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four years ago I got my ECU done by Ivan's. He told me then that it didn't matter if I kept my Fi2000 fuel tuner on, but that I should take it off as it would run better. I was very happy with how it all ran after the ECU flash, and kept it on.

Bike wouldn't start a couple of times recently and seemed to be running rougher than normal and taking longer to warm up and think through the startup. Swapped out with new plugs - no difference really. Today I fiddled around with half taking the tank off (ugh) and finally yanked the fuel tuner by somehow getting my fingers in there and compressing the connectors.

Wow. Runs super smooth now, no jerk at all on the throttle in low RPMs, smooth and hard low end... WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG! Lol... I was starting to think I was getting smarter as I was getting older. Just seem to maybe be getting more stubborn until pain makes me reconsider.

Glad I pulled it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Four years ago I got my ECU done by Ivan's. He told me then that it didn't matter if I kept my Fi2000 fuel tuner on, but that I should take it off as it would run better. I was very happy with how it all ran after the ECU flash, and kept it on.

Bike wouldn't start a couple of times recently and seemed to be running rougher than normal and taking longer to warm up and think through the startup. Swapped out with new plugs - no difference really. Today I fiddled around with half taking the tank off (ugh) and finally yanked the fuel tuner by somehow getting my fingers in there and compressing the connectors.

Wow. Runs super smooth now, no jerk at all on the throttle in low RPMs, smooth and hard low end... WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG! Lol... I was starting to think I was getting smarter as I was getting older. Just seem to maybe be getting more stubborn until pain makes me reconsider.

Glad I pulled it!
If the bike dont run, start from he most to least probably
And if It run, dont touch It!

Chinese proverb

your stories are always interesting

·
Registered
5 Posts

Glad I pulled it!
Do we recommend the Ivan's flash for a 2014 Stryker? With the Power Commander 5?
By "We" I mean anyone knowledgeable making input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Do we recommend the Ivan's flash for a 2014 Stryker? With the Power Commander 5?
By "We" I mean anyone knowledgeable making input is greatly appreciated.
I would get the flash from Ivan. You won't need your PCV once you get your ECU upgraded by him. His new flash removes the need for any tuner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts