Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've downloaded the repair manual, but there is no instructions for removing the brake pedal assembly. Mine is bent and tweaked from dropping the bike, and I am ordering a replacement... however I want to confirm the sub bracket that the assembly slides onto isn't tweaked as well.

Is the retainer ring and brake pedal adjustment bolt the only parts holding it on and in-place? Do I need to remove the sub-bracket from the main frame bracket to get it off?

Thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it figured out.

1. Loosen the 2 bolts holding the master cylinder to the bracket, do not remove
2. Loosen the 2 bolts holding the brake pedal bracket to the frame/peg bracket, do not remove.
3. Remove the 2 bolts holding the frame/peg bracket to the frame, remove the bracket.
4. Remove 2 brake pedal bracket bolts and separate from frame/peg bracket.
5. Remove cotter pin from brake pedal adjustment screw to separate from brake pedal assembly.
6. Remove 2 master cylinder bolts and separate from brake pedal bracket, set aside.
7. Disconnect horn from Brake Pedal bracket.
8. Disconnect brake pedal pressure sensor from brake pedal bracket.
9. Remove retainer ring from Brake Pedal assembly, slide Brake Pedal assembly off of Brake Pedal bracket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You da man, took all of 10 minutes to swap a new for old bent foot pedal on xvs1300cu including the rubber. thanks heaps for posting such straight forward instructions. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts