Yamaha Star Stryker banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My MC mechanic says we should not remove that cover. He says it's a heat shield and to remove it, we risk warping the brake rotor. Painting is the direction I will go

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had my mechanic remove it when I put the 240 on and he never said anything. I have over 5000 km on it since an no rotor warp. I even did a mountain ride with a buddy this summer in 30 degree heat. Lots of breaking on the twisties and no issues. It looks so much better without it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have mine off for a year. Seems fine even being out ALL day.
I took rear tyre in for replace and that's when I took cover off. I had to use impact hammer and go easy but they all came out easy.
Used the ft rotor bolts from the Warrior. Got that part number off the Yammy web site.
Much better look

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I think the shield is more necessary if you run the stock pipes since they dispense a lot of heat in that area.
Now if you remove it and use the rear brake way too much(like coming down a mountain and using brakes instead of downshifting) you could warp or blue it but that might have happened anyway in the scenario I described.
At least 4 times this summer got stuck behind someone who was smoking their brakes. Just horrible smell :(

41 - 48 of 48 Posts