Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cracked OEM headlight lense and luckily it hasn't failed a WOF inspection yet. What is a good replacement for the standard? If LED, it must perform similar or better than the std. It can't just be one of those LEDs than give an overall bright glare with no direction. TIA

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,160 Posts
Welcome!

A new lens is about $130 then an LED bulb will run ya another $95. I have the stock bucket and a LED bulb, it’s 100 times better and brighter than the stock halogens. I’ve had it since 2015 and hasn’t failed me yet. They were 69.00 back then. But there are much better technology out there now that is even brighter and shines further. Here a link- LED.

I also have LED running and turns I added in 2018. The runnings are white and actually make “ditch area” luminated with width, then turn yellow when turn is on I got them from Amazon I did have to remove the flasher module and put in a digital one but it was cheap and easy todo the flasher came in a pair.
Font Output device Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
For the bulb, I have tried $100 H4 bulbs from various makers over the years. Some are very good and last for three years. But this is the bulb I have bought for all three of my current motorcycles. Cheap, very bright, and they last about two years. Cheap enough to keep a spare in the garage. In the Stryker bulbs seem to last three years, but when I put them in dirt bike with much more shaking, two years.

Ignore all the marketing crap that says "50 billion hours"... they can't handle that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a cracked OEM headlight lense and luckily it hasn't failed a WOF inspection yet. What is a good replacement for the standard? If LED, it must perform similar or better than the std. It can't just be one of those LEDs than give an overall bright glare with no direction. TIA
I replaced mine with his great headlight from Amazon you can get it in black or Akmties 5.75 inch LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WRZVYK5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced mine with his great headlight from Amazon you can get it in black or Akmties 5.75 inch LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WRZVYK5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I have a similar headlight with the same mount bracket. Great light but because the bracket only has two mount bolts to the headlight bucket it would vibrate vertically. It was most noticeable when I hit a bump. You would see the beam tilt up or down. I used some lockwire from the light to the trim ring to hold it in place. You might be able to use some threadlock or RTV on the bushings when you put them into the bracket to help secure it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts