Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started pouring on me and wasn’t far from home, so I tried to limp home, and I rode thru a deep puddle that killed my bike.
when I turn the key on there is no headlight, but the turn signals are illuminated- that’s it.
2015 stryker
Did I fry my main fuse or stator? I guess I’m just gonna have to go thru it after it fully dries out!
any suggestions of where to start would be helpful.
Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
859 Posts
I have no idea at this point. Can anyone else shed any light on this one?

Only thing I can think of is quickly open the airbox and look at the air filter to see if water got into the engine, although it would have had to be a really large puddle. Sounds like an electrical thing to me, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sounds like blown fuse, and blown head light.. I would test the lead wires with a light pen, see if u are getting power.. you can also test stator with volt meter.. but I would start with wires to assure I have power

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,154 Posts
I think once it dries out it should start right up.
I’ve gotten caught in major downpour myself and the street turned into a river up to the pegs I didn’t stop just went slow, had weird electrical issues once I shut it off. Three days in the garage was all good!

·
Premium Member
2012 Yamaha XVS1300CU (Her name is Foxy 2.0)
31 Posts
When I turn mine to the on position the headlight does not illuminate and both blinkers do illuminate. The headlight will only turn on after the engine has turned over. If it’s not turning over for you, might have messed up the side stand switch? That could keep it from turning over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts