Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jim. Got a Stryker as my first bike 2 days ago, looking to take her out for the 1st time today. However, I noticed that when the bike is in gear and the clutch is fully engaged, it doesn't roll as easily as if the bike were in neutral. Is this normal? The bike I learned how to ride on was set up so that neutral or a roll with the bike in gear and clutch depressed felt identical. It moves, but takes more effort for sure. Just don't want to hurt anything. Thanks in advance!

·
8,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your clutch is normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Thanks so much guys. Went out for about 50 miles today and had an amazing time. Wish the season wasn't coming to end. Guess I'll have all winter to start modding. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a theory:we have wet clutches. If it has not been run then the plates kind of stick slightly together. I think that's way it rolls better in nutral.

·
Registered
881 Posts
If it makes you feel better (which it won't!) my Harley does the same thing....rougher to rolled with clutch depressed then in N.

·
8,693 Posts
I have a theory:we have wet clutches. If it has not been run then the plates kind of stick slightly together. I think that's way it rolls better in nutral.
exactomundo!:nod:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts