Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are Saddlemen Rigid Mount bags. They're designed to be hard mounted. They are the Express Cruisn' Large bags.
I used the Yammi support bars, but had to get shorter bolts since my backrest isn't in yet. No problem though. I mounted them only 1" above the pipe so they stay below the fender line.

Photos:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem. I pretty much have to have them or wear a backpack, and I think guys on cruisers with backpacks look like dorks! No offense to anyone else, just my opinion.

I have to carry stuff for work everyday and need somewhere to put it. Not to mention a rainsuit, real tool set, etc. I ride prepared. Been caught without what I need before and it won't happen again!

·
Registered
650 Posts
looks good I didn't think this bike would look good with bags. When you get your backrest in can you take some more pics and some from directly behind.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do! I can't wait to get the final set up. Dang that earthquake for messing up shipping!

It seems any accessory that is black is back ordered. My boulevard shield won't be in until after 7/1!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Good Stuff Maing.... I Always Wondered What They Would Actually Look Like On The Stryker... But No Offense I Think It Takes The BADASS LOOK From It?? U Gotta Do What U Gotta Do Tough... I Know What U Mean About Not Having The Tools LoL..... I Use A Moto Centric Tank Bag Which Has Lots Of Space For Stuff But Not Too Bulky I Think? Its All Good Though

Attachments

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
those are very nice looking bags!! Now would those work
with those adaptors that would make them quikly removable?
I cant remember the name of them.....ghost brackets??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They would. The back is hard plastic to allow for easy drilling. I drilled 2 holes for the fender bolts, and they have a strap on the bottom to wrap on the bottom part of the support.

Saddlemen makes their own quick disconnect too.

Eventually I will put a quick disconnect on, but I have to see how the quick disconnect sissy bar mounts first. My daughter needs the sissy bar for safety, but I don't want it if I don't need it. Same with the bags. I might add a fork bag or swing arm bag for daily use and then put the big bags on for trips, etc.

So many ideas! So little money!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ya, bags take away a little from the oyer all look, but those line up real nice and match the lines well. Nice job! I'm still lookin like a Dork(you know thats a whale pennis right?) and I even stole my kids backpack! Ya gotta have lunch!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a couple of higher quality pics I took today. I also put the Kurykyn black iso-grips on. Can't wait for my black mirrors to get here!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good.

My friends were against the saddle bags until we went for the 1st real long ride then my bike became the pack mule. Carrying all gear and what not. I have the Star brand quick release bags on mine. While the bags release fast the support stays, looks out of place but I am in the same spot as you needing to carry stuff to work each day and these bags fit my small laptop in there perfectly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put a iPad and a bag with backup tapes in one, the other has a small tool kit and rain gear in it. Plenty of room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts