Well I got my Scootmod forward extension kit yesterday and just finished putting it on. I am very happy with it and it was relatively easy for a noob to put on. The first side I did was the brake side. This took me about 1.5 hours to complete, but that also included going to the basement for tools a few times and also going on the computer to look for some pictures a few times. Not to mention getting the camera and taking some pictures. The shift side went a lot easier and I was done and cleaned up in about 30 minutes. I figured I would leave some information including pros, cons and tips.
Pros - The parts were very well crafted, the design is very simple, there is no need to take off the brake lines. For the price they cannot be beat.
Cons - The only thing I can say partial negative so far is that I wish the instructions would have included a parts list or parts description or some sketches.
The instruction notes were very well written and there were clues as to which parts they were talking about. After you figure out the concept and then re-read the instructions, they make perfect sense. It is just when you are reading about part names and put this part there with no pictures or details it did make it a little hard to follow. Had I started on the shift side, I think it would have gone a lot easier since you didn't have the master cylinder to deal with. To help out the next person I took a photo from Rodekill (with his permission), and labeled the parts. I will also list some tips for each step that may help the next person.
Step 1. The horn disconnect is a no brainer. However this step also mentions that the brake light switch should be long enough to remove from the frame and rest on the floor. I took this as you had to remove the brake switch, which I spent some time trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. After I looked at this for a while I realized that the brake switch DOES not have to be removed. There is enough play in the wire to keep it on the assembly when the entire assembly is removed. So I had to go back and put the bake switch back together.
Step 3 - Remove the bolts from the master cylinder. Easy enough, just to note that these two bolts will not be reused with the kit.
Step 7 - Talks about placing two 3/8" bolts through the two smaller holes on the Control Assembly Extension Bracket. To my eye, the holes looked the same. I also wasn't sure about which bolts I should be using. The 3/8" bolts are the bolts that have the acorn nuts (supplied with the kit). The stock bolts will only fit through two of the four holes. The two stock bolts go through the Control Assembly Bracket Extension one direction, and the two 3/8" bolts go through the other two holes in the opposite direction and then through the spacers. The stock bolts get remounted into the frame, then the assembly unit gets bolted to the 3/8" bolts that are no shifted about 3" forward.
Step 9 - Talks about the 8mm shouldered bolts. These are the two bolts with no nuts. They are wrapped in blue tape in the picture. These take the place of the stock bolts bolting the master cylinder to the extension piece.
After doing the brake side first, this side was a piece of cake. You basically do the same thing with the Control Assembly Extension Brackets, spacers and bolts.
I'll attach some pictures (before and after) and some detail pictures which may help the next person.
With the modification kit, in addition to moving the controls forward, they are also pushed away from the bike by about 3/8" (the thickness of the spacer). This isn't an issue but from the front, on the brake side, you can see more of the master cylinder.
You only needed some metric wrenches/sockets, needle nose plyers and some small screwdrivers to remove the cotter pin. Also a knife to cut some zip ties and a few new zip ties. That's about it.
I would highly recommend this product. If you have any questions about it I will surely help you out. I hope it helps!