Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
your belt is probly to loose just get it adjusted and should be fine, there are alot of us on this site that came from sport bikes so we understand where you are coming from.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I rented a HD Classic something or another for a weekend before I bought my bike. I drove the HD to the Yamaha dealer and test rode the Stryker (as they were the only ones in the area allowing demo rides). I can tell you the Stryker was a clunkier than the HD after riding them back to back and definitely a little clunkier than FJR's I have tested many times.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
the Stryker's are definitley clunkier / harder shifting noise wise...
I had my bike outta commision for the past 9 months and getting back on it I was again surprised at how loud / clunky it was....

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Funny this is.... I was at a lite ans was trying to find nuetral.....It took about 4 try's before I found it. Then when I took off I couldnt get it into second gear, kept going from 1st to neutral..... I tell you...I have to stop drinkin and riding.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Of all the motorcycles I've owned and ridden, Yamaha has always had the more clunky / harder shifting transmissions. Just one of those things you learn to deal with. Their sportbikes also are the noisiest when it comes to valve noise.

Sent from my Galaxy S5.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Haven't ridden too many others bikes but not a huge issue for me. Since we don't have a gear indicator, the noticeable clunk into 1st(probably because skipping over neutral) is nice since I always know when I am in 1st.
The shifting always gets harder as I get closer to an oil change being due. I run Rotella T6 and change around 3500mi. Once I get past 3000 I can tell the oil has degraded a little since the shifts are less smooth.
Not anywhere near where I'd be worried but just a difference. And, of course, once you change the oil and get totally fresh stuff in there she is smooth as silk for the first 500-1000mi :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I was looking at a Raider before I chose the Stryker. Shifts exactly the same. Freaked me out as it was a test ride and I thought something was wrong. My M50 is a little smoother in some ways but has more of a crunch sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Funny this is.... I was at a lite ans was trying to find nuetral.....It took about 4 try's before I found it. Then when I took off I couldnt get it into second gear, kept going from 1st to neutral..... I tell you...I have to stop drinkin and riding.
Lol We can't do that no more bro ,I know we do it without trouble but it's bound to find us if we keep "g riding" like that, mabe weed only works for me 💪💯😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts