Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so so many reviews on the Shinko 05 advanced. I pulled the trigger because after getting my 2013 Stryker, I have done coolant flush. Spark plugs, oil change (Motul 7100 10-50 is the [email protected] btw, Florida heat), brake fluid flush, Memphis shades bullet cowl (received my batwing, waiting on 9 inch spoiler and mounting gear from SS custom), new fog lights in place of light bar last person had which dented front top fender some aandnow new tires. She had 250 Avon 72 on the rear but it was rubbing the belt, no belt guard installed so I decided to drop it to a 240 and did front and rear Shinko. I have to say, the 005 advanced remind me of the Pilot Power 2 from when I rode 1000's. I do have to say they stick very well and ride very smooth. I took them out for a spin after getting them installed, chaparral btw $240 front and rear out the door and arrived in 2 days. I was caught in the aftermath of rain with water on the road and some running water from curves coming across, 40mph on a nice curve and it still stuck nicely. A small wabble but nothing uncontrollable for a lean on a 650 lb beast so I was impressed. Now I have to say the Avons were prolly just old because they had a mark for 2013 (7200 miles when I got the bike, 8500 now 2 months later) but I can tell an immediate difference in the comfort of the ride and corners with the new. I was skeptical at first but for the price after 300 miles I find them to be completely competent of anything I want in a tire for a cruiser I rarely get over 100mph....yeah we all have that turn the wrist to see where it's at at times. My average speed is 65 mph around here because most the hurricane evacs are 65mph and the bullet cowl hits my head to hard for much faster honestly. Ok enough about the others, I do love these tires and after 300 miles still have the whiskers on them so I'm good with that, corners are better, straights are feeling a lot smoother and they're legit 1/4 less width than the 250 was so clearing the belt nicely with no rub. I have to get a jack from harbor freight so I can better align the belt cause the 250 had it on the outside the rear sprocket with an aweful squeel cause it was rubbing the tire with burns marks but the 240 has plenty of clearance now but the shop put the alignment on the inside of there ear pulley with proper tension. Guess if something gets done right I gotta do it myself lol. Legit anyone curious or wondering about pulling the trigger about the Shinko 005, regardless of my 300 miles on them know they truly remind me of my pilot powers 2 on my 1000rr making my 220lb heavier cruiser more nimble than before and sticking to the road nicely.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Stryker
9 Posts
I have shinko 005 advanced 240 rear, 1500 miles already on this tire and its pretty good same on wet road :)

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,051 Posts
Ran two rear sets of them with same results the front one did wear funny. I did get good mileage from them. Then I decided to try the Avon chrome- and huge difference in handling and wear on my second Avon and prefer this to any tire. It also has the thickest rubber of any tire. Only by 1/32 but more is better in this situation.

Reactions: snow86man

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ran two rear sets of them with same results the front one did wear funny. I did get good mileage from them. Then I decided to try the Avon chrome- and huge difference in handling and wear on my second Avon and prefer this to any tire. It also has the thickest rubber of any tire. Only by 1/32 but more is better in this situation.
I also went with the shinko 05 simply because I couldn’t beat the price. About 2000 miles on the 240 and it’s no sign of wear. Although I must admit seems to be rather small in width compared to the michelin commander II’s 240 I previously ran. But for almost half the cost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts