Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Short Rider Body Position???

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  strykerjan 
I'm 6'3 and I get that pain also from time to time when I get lazy . to remedy it you need to clinch the tank with your legs and use your core to hold you into position. Your using the handlebars to hold you upright which is causing the pain in your shoulders. unless you get a backrest the pain will still be there unless you use your legs.

no problem you don't have to hold on tight just a tiny bit of pressure and its only when you get up to higher speeds where the wind it pushing you back. You arms should be relaxed on the handlebars no pressure on them cruisers and sport bikes. A good sign of you holding on to tight is hand fatigue on long rides and soreness that your feeling. I've been riding sport bikes for 17 years and always here people say isn't that uncomfortable, no its actually really comfortable if you use your legs to hold your self. That is why the tanks are designed the shape they are. The aftermarket seats with backrest will move you up a bit because they are thicker but it all depends on your size.

lol yep I see guys riding other sport bikes all the time with there arms locked so at the next red light I tell them to use there legs and keep there arms loose. 30 minutes later they are thanking me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.