Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Short Rider Body Position???

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  strykerjan 
Sounds like you need the best back rest you can get, that would be a woman with big big hooters. lol.
Seriously though posture is real important. You must try to keep your back straight like you would riding a horse. I find myself getting too relaxed on long rides and slouching down and forward because I have short arms also. Within 10 to 15 minutes like that I feel pain in my back and have to adjust my posture. I also strap a pack and pad on my seat to lean on.That helps a lot. Also remember to keep your arms and hands relaxed.
10 hrs is a long time to be on a bike for anyone though. Especially in northern Cali. I know because that's where I live and ride all the time and have done a few 8 to 10 hr rides and it beats you up. In fact my wife after a 10 hr ride fell over in a parking lot just because she was too fatigue to hold the bike up.

strykme1 said:
I have the same problem. I bought the mustang seat..it helped some, but still bothers after 4-5 hrs of riding without much movement.
Ya really you guys realistically 6-7 hrs piloting a bike is a good amount of time. I'm talking actual travel not counting the time spent stopping for gas and bites to eat etc. Anything beyond that starts to be a problem. Unless you are on a larger more comfortable touring bike and doing mostly straight supper slab.

Porkchop said:
Toby said:
strykme1 said:
I have the same problem. I bought the mustang seat..it helped some, but still bothers after 4-5 hrs of riding without much movement.
Ya really you guys realistically 6-7 hrs piloting a bike is a good amount of time. I'm talking actual travel not counting the time spent stopping for gas and bites to eat etc. Anything beyond that starts to be a problem. Unless you are on a larger more comfortable touring bike and doing mostly straight supper slab.
Toby I'm actually talking about 8-10 hour riding "day" including stops. Plus I can only go about 1.5 hours before gassing up. I HATE our tiny tank!
ya I know. It doesn't matter how many miles you travel, if your take 10 hrs to travel 300 miles in the mountains of northern Ca. you will be beat trust me. You also have to take in consideration of the fact that when the sun starts going down it throws your equilibrium of after riding a long time and things get more dangerous.
Yes I feel you on the gas tank thing, my wife is always ribbing me about having a girls tank :-[because her 950 has a 4.4 gal tank and she gets a consistent 50+ mpg. So her low fuel lite doesn't even come on till it hit 200 miles. :mad:
Anyway if you stop every hr to an hr and a half and take a 15 to 20 minute break and an hr break at a half way point you could probobly make a 10 to 12 hr ride. If I needed to I could make a 6 or 700 mile ride in 12 hrs but my wife couldn't even if she was just a passenger. But that would take any fun out of riding. I know because I've done it before when I was younger. Made it from Tahoe to San Diego in 12 hrs and that's about 600 miles. I've heard guys talk about doing 800+ miles in a day but that's hard to do even in a comfortable car.

StrykenShane said:
I totally agree Toby, we leave Atlanta for Vegas Sunday and we're going to have 1 day where we do 600 miles but that's only to make the rest 400 and under mile days
Wow StrykerShane hope you guys have a safe and good ride.
That's gona be a long one, close to 2,000 miles one way. Mostly supper slab. Gonna be boring. We did 2,500+ miles in two weeks last season spending 3 nights in San Diego but the rest of the time it was one night stops at camp sights and spent time hiking and exploring the areas. Like Tahoe, Mammoth Lakes etc. Then we traveled 1,700+ miles in all of 7 days and 6 nights. Again in camp sights except for 1 night at a friend in Oregon and 1 night at a friend in Washington. A lot of mountain and open HWY not much supper slab at all. I think our longest distance in one day was 400 mile and that was from sun up till almost sun down. Averaged 300 miles the rest of the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.