Yamaha Star Stryker banner

should i get a raider??

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Silkentek 
#1 ·
hey fellas and ladies.. got to looking at bikes the other day and saw a 2008 raider s.. red nice looking, swept pipes, spike air cleaner, quick release backrest and windshield, star bags, and has 9000mi.. dealer asking $8000.00
what do ya think? pull the trigger? might try to convince the bosss! lol ;D

#3 ·
I had the stratoliner for 46000 miles. It is an awesome engine, but also quite noisy. I took mine back to the dealer the first day cause I thought the engine was going to blow up.
8 grand is a good deal, drive it. I am liking the water cooled Stryker though I miss the power

#4 ·
blaineo said:
I had the stratoliner for 46000 miles. It is an awesome engine, but also quite noisy. I took mine back to the dealer the first day cause I thought the engine was going to blow up.
8 grand is a good deal, drive it. I am liking the water cooled Stryker though I miss the power
My hubby has a Roadliner and loves it, but when he wants to have fun he jump on my Stryker. He says he is jealous because my bike is a lot of fun. ;D

#12 ·
thats why I got MY stryker! I got tired of Toby having all the FUN LOL
Now, I have too much fun as well! ;)

#5 ·
I bought a new '11 Raider a few weeks ago. I love it. I have both now. I say go for it.

#7 ·
savage9 said:
hey fellas and ladies.. got to looking at bikes the other day and saw a 2008 raider s.. red nice looking, swept pipes, spike air cleaner, quick release backrest and windshield, star bags, and has 9000mi.. dealer asking $8000.00
what do ya think? pull the trigger? might try to convince the bosss! lol ;D
Ok I might be a little bias because I have an 08 Raider...if it was me I'd offer them $7,000 out the door see what they say...if they say yes...go for it.

#8 ·
i doubt they go for 7k otd.. they have a rep for not dicker sticker prices.... seemed like a fair price... i know alot of you have had or have both bikes so i figured id ask... i havent got to sit on one yet (internet shopping that day haha) since im rather tall i figured the raider might provide a little more comfort, tho i love the styker still

#11 ·
Had my stryker for 10 months or so and traded for a 2013 raider. Ride is also smoother yhan the stryker, as well as there is no where near as much transmission lash. Both are sweet bikes to ride. The reach on the Raider is more than the Stryker, you nees to ride and and see how you like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.