Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to forum. Looking for a bike, just saw a 2011 with 15k on her for about $5100.00.

Original tires, little rust on front fender tip. Is 15K a concern? I prefer buying a cream puff but dont want to pass a potential good deal. How long are these things going, any mechanical concerns?
Thanks

Registered
Hello, new to forum. Looking for a bike, just saw a 2011 with 15k on her for about $5100.00.

Original tires, little rust on front fender tip. Is 15K a concern? I prefer buying a cream puff but dont want to pass a potential good deal. How long are these things going, any mechanical concerns?
Thanks
Hi welcome!; 11 was second year of production I think (2010-2017), kept unchanged with minor cosmetics things only; basically It's a XVS1300 midnight star's motorpack & more -which It's a good thing- with the cycle part of a Star raider, aka the big sister in a pro street fashion, no bigs concerns knowns. With 15k should have been done valves according service manual but my trusted mechanic told me once that I could ignore It... I can't tell you anything about the price 馃檪. I'm very happy with my 30k -kms- 16's with no issues. If you like the style I should go..!

Registered
If 15,000 miles / 24,000km was a concern for a bike, you shouldn't be buying that bike.

Its a really strong engine that has been in numerous iterations of different Yamaha cruisers. Check the paint, check the rust (the headlight rim tends to be a bit iffy for this). If the fender tip has rust, it may have some paint chipped off it for some reason (investigate the area around that).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts