Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a side license plate today. What a pain in the a**! I don't have a bile lift or a floor jack so I had to jerry rig a stand out of a car tire.... I used a cheap little car jack (the wife's idea) and lifted the back and put the tire under the front part of the frame. The wife held the the bike up as I took the axle out and put the plate on. It looks a heck of a lot better. I'll take pictures tomorrow when it's light out tomorrow. I also put black blinkers on that I got from RavenStryker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before


After





I like that the tail is cleaned up a lot but it seems like the look is thrown off a bit by the plate sticking so far out. In the future I'm gonna try to incorporate the plate in to the rear fender.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
cdirth said:
I installed a side license plate today. What a pain in the a**! I don't have a bile lift or a floor jack so I had to jerry rig a stand out of a car tire.... I used a cheap little car jack (the wife's idea) and lifted the back and put the tire under the front part of the frame. The wife held the the bike up as I took the axle out and put the plate on. It looks a heck of a lot better. I'll take pictures tomorrow when it's light out tomorrow. I also put black blinkers on that I got from RavenStryker.
Have you had a chance to ride it with the new mount? I just bought the same one but am a little concerned about it hitting the ground on a hard left turn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had a chance to ride yet and that's a good point. The first time I hit it on the ground it's coming off and I'll weld it to the back of the passenger footpeg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
cdirth said:
I haven't had a chance to ride yet and that's a good point. The first time I hit it on the ground it's coming off and I'll weld it to the back of the passenger footpeg.
Let me know what you find out. Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I don't want to spend the time putting it on if I am going to have issues. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No issues this morning on the way to work. I was paranoid that my axle was going to come off so I kept looking back to make sure the plate was still there. On my way home I'm going to try to make the plate hit the ground just so I know where that limit is or if it exists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a couple of hard left turns today to the point that my heel was scraping against the ground and I had no problems with the plate!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
I wonder about drilling a couple holes in that mount and bolting it to where the left passenger peg attaches. My ride is going to be solo only so I'm curious about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
cdirth said:
I did a couple of hard left turns today to the point that my heel was scraping against the ground and I had no problems with the plate!
Great! Thanks for being the guinea pig. I will be installing mine this weekend. If your heel hits before the plate then I would say that it about the sharpest one would be cutting it on this bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Rodekill said:
I wonder about drilling a couple holes in that mount and bolting it to where the left passenger peg attaches. My ride is going to be solo only so I'm curious about it.
I think that I have seen posts where other have mounted their plate off the passenger pegs.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top