Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a pretty good YouTube video on the basics of stalling the SlipStreamer
. The only thing I thought was missing were placement pictures. So to spare other Strykers the pain I went through I figured I'd post them here at least to give you an idea for where to place the claps and rod directions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lower rods from the front of the bike. Notice the rods\barrels are coming from the inside of the triple tree. I positioned the lower clamps about an inch from the top of the post.
IMG_0039.JPG

·
Registered
788 Posts
Dude, can you take a picture from a bit back? I'd like to see what it looks like on the bike.

I'm sure the pics will be helpful for anyone who wants this style shield!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, can you take a picture from a bit back? I'd like to see what it looks like on the bike.

I'm sure the pics will be helpful for anyone who wants this style shield!
I am replacing my headlight, so here is an older picture. I will update once I install the new headlight. Anyone doing this install is after the 'stealth' part.
SS..jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great group of pics. I've been thinking about ordering the ss-20 as well. I like the look of it but the big question is are you happy with its performance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a good question! I have no other point of reference other than the bullet cowl I had on there before. I will put it like this way, at 90 mph I don't feel like I'm in a bubble but I don't feel like I'm about to be blown off the bike like I did with the cowl. I adjusted it and put it higher but I won't have an opportunity to test again for a couple of weeks. I will report back then.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Great group of pics. I've been thinking about ordering the ss-20 as well. I like the look of it but the big question is are you happy with its performance.
I feel like it performs better than the batwing fairing but I'm keeping the batwing for looks over function...:suspicious:

After I painted mine(on the inside) I was much happier with the look and people would ask me all the time where they could find the same "batwing". If it did not have the gnarly gap I would still be rocking it. I ended up putting my tool bag in the gap but it was still funky looking.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel like it performs better than the batwing fairing but I'm keeping the batwing for looks over function...:suspicious:

After I painted mine(on the inside) I was much happier with the look and people would ask me all the time where they could find the same "batwing". If it did not have the gnarly gap I would still be rocking it. I ended up putting my tool bag in the gap but it was still funky looking.

Wait, is this a picture of the SS you painted?! Nice!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wait, is this a picture of the SS you painted?! Nice!
Yes, it's on the inside. First layer is metallic flake, covered that in white plasti-dip and then used chrome pinstripe on the outside to cover the line between painted/clear to give it a more finished look.

When you paint the inside you get a really great clearcoat effect from the shiny plastic.

:D

Found a better pic, you can see that giant gap...it was killing me to look at.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts