Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gotta admit that the Boulevard windscreen was not effective enough for my old bones, couldn't take the constant buffeting so went in search of something a bit larger that still looked good on the the Stryker. Found some posts several years back on the the Slipstreamer Stealth and thought it looked pretty good so ordered one and just mounted it today. ( A somewhat frustating endeavor for the less than average mechanically inclined amongst us :confused: ) Anyway finally got it on but haven't ridden it yet since the weather is currently the pits.

Pics to follow, I'll gladly accept comments on the looks, good and other :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I think you will be happy with it.

I like mine (which doesn't normally sit as high as in this pic, it's about 1" off the bag)

·
8,693 Posts
Looks Great Strykepilot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"I like mine (which doesn't normally sit as high as in this pic, it's about 1" off the bag)"

Have you tried putting the bag behind the windscreen. If you look at my middle picture you can see my toolkit at the top of the speedo inside the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
"I like mine (which doesn't normally sit as high as in this pic, it's about 1" off the bag)"

Have you tried putting the bag behind the windscreen. If you look at my middle picture you can see my toolkit at the top of the speedo inside the windscreen.
If I drop it down much further I end up getting all the wind right into my sunglasses and nose...if you haven't gone for a test ride yet and are at least 6' tall you may find yourself in the same predicament. I also have 2" risers on my bars and the taller "comfort cruise" seat.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If I drop it down much further I end up getting all the wind right into my sunglasses and nose...if you haven't gone for a test ride yet and are at least 6' tall you may find yourself in the same predicament. I also have 2" risers on my bars and the taller "comfort cruise" seat.
Well I think the 3 inch fork riser will fix that, it would tilt the whole bike back (as far as I can tell) around 2 inches

1 - 7 of 7 Posts