41 - 60 of 768 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bozzly said:
The_Joker said:
nyjol said:
Bozzly said:
So what are you charging for these nyjol?
Hey Bozz. PM'd you.
I'd be interested in the cost as well.....

Maybe for one that incorporates my avatar......either that Joker or another version....
Might want to look on Webslingers website, I saw a real nice joker one there.
Thanks, hadn't noticed that link.....That one looks kind of batman'ish......My current Avatar references something that I enjoy.......And think some variation of it could look cool as my speedo face.

I bet the webslinger site could make something out of it as well.....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
yup, did you also look through the HD ones, i think that is where i saw one. He states he will do one out of any pic that you send him.
Good luck.

·
Registered
516 Posts
nyjol said:
Joker 1.0... any ideas for the right part of it? ;)
Not sure if this is possible, but move the joker to the right side, extend the green smoke, and blend the the words "Stryker" into to the green smoke......

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Nyjol,

can you print white on transparent or the speedo background is white? You will understand what I am talking about in my last reply when you will print on transparent.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Frag said:
Hi Nyjol,

can you print white on transparent or the speedo background is white? You will understand what I am talking about in my last reply when you will print on transparent.
So you think if you try and print on transparent mylar the black will become white, and the white and openings will become black?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
No - the white parts won't print - printers treat white as transparent, since 99.9999% of all printing is on white paper. So the white parts will show up as transparent.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I can tell you something, there is more white than we think in images. If you do not have a white background for your transparent sheet, you won't like the result.

There is surely a solution to this though.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Frag said:
I can tell you something, there is more white than we think in images. If you do not have a white background for your transparent sheet, you won't like the result.

There is surely a solution to this though.
Never thought about printing white on some type of mylar before.......doing a google search doesn't seem to provide much help on it either......You'd think with technology today this would be easy.....
I may try the local Kinko's and see what they say....my printer isn't the best anyways.

Before understanding the issue, I was thinking of printing it on a thick mylar (maybe there's a white mylar?) and then encapsulating the speedo with my wife's laminator......

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes try with Kinko ...if they are not able to do it, they will probably be able to recommend someone to you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
nyjol said:
Looks like about $55 - translucent lexan backing with a vinyl front face. Did somebody say that Webslinger produces the speedo faces for LM?...
Wow.....fast signs are more expensive than Webslinger.....I think that site says $40.

Really seems it should be easier and cheaper than that......I likely won't be able to get to a Kinko's or someplace around here until the weekend.....just to busy at work.......when I should be riding........

41 - 60 of 768 Posts