Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm not very mechanical but I dislike the stock speedometer and wanted to get an aftermarket one. I'm wondering if its a plug and play type of swap out or is there more involved. If anyone has any recommendations on speedometers that would also be helpful. I'm hoping that its a very easy switch and nothing overly complicated or requiring additional tuning after the swap. Is it a straight forward unplug one and plug a new one in? Any info would help

Thank you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven,t seen any stryker with that mod done, nor any speedo designed for this bike, maybe not impossible but sure isn,t plug&play..., there are universals like KOSO but think It will be lost info ..., in the display appear more things than miles: fault codes etc..

And gas!

Greetings!

·
Super Moderator
859 Posts
A friend has removed his bike speedometer entirely and replaced it with his phone. There is some kinda app that he put on there (I imagine if you look it up you'll find it) and it registers speed, odo reading (he had to input the original reading) and he just mounts his phone on the bike when he rides. The whole original is gone and he just uses that. Just an idea.

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,154 Posts
A couple guys on here have swapped out the stock it was extremely involved. Let me see if I can find it.
Here some info- Nogard's Stryker Build

Reactions: RustyJake

·
Registered
27 Posts
A friend has removed his bike speedometer entirely and replaced it with his phone. There is some kinda app that he put on there (I imagine if you look it up you'll find it) and it registers speed, odo reading (he had to input the original reading) and he just mounts his phone on the bike when he rides. The whole original is gone and he just uses that. Just an idea.
That sounds dope! Any chance you can take a pic the next time y’all ride together? I’m assuming he guesstimates his fuel level or tracks mileage to know how much he has left… what about his neutral indicator? So many questions… :) Definitely intrigued with this one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts