Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Had this Stryker for a couple of months now and assumed I had a Fuel problem (getting about 140km per tank) Works out that the speedo is off heaps and I get about 240kms per tank by GPs.
I have checked and found that the speed that I am actually travelling is fine but the Odometer reading is out.
Has anybody had that problem. New Gauge $900+AUS. Open for options and ideas.

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
107 Posts
Could be that your odometer is reading in miles and not km. 140 miles is about 225kms. Set your gps to miles to see if the distances match.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
887 Posts
I have Had this Stryker for a couple of months now and assumed I had a Fuel problem (getting about 140km per tank) Works out that the speedo is off heaps and I get about 240kms per tank by GPs.
I have checked and found that the speed that I am actually travelling is fine but the Odometer reading is out.
Has anybody had that problem. New Gauge $900+AUS. Open for options and ideas.
If I ride aggressive 80+ and fast pullouts I’m lucky to get 155km per tank, If I drive easy 45-55 like on a bike cruise-( my wife calls it Normal- haha- I can easily get 255 km a tank before I need to fuel up and that’s two up with 240 rear tire and Ivan’s flash.

I know there is a few speedo correctors out there, I can’t remember the popular ones for our bike of top of my head. Do a speedo calibration search.

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
107 Posts
He said speed reading is spot on, odometer is off. Speedo calibration will do nothing to fix his issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts