Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dam glad to hear this. I've been messing around with a couple of bracket ideas none of which made me happy. This is perfect.

I got a bullet headlight for Xmas that's still in the box waiting for the ignition relocation. I'm scrapping my attempts and going with this.

I'll be second to buy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
While I really like the idea of being able to relocate the key and all I'm really not digging having that whole cover and all moved over to the side of the bike. It looks just as out of place there as it does in front, in my opinion. Maybe it would look better all blacked out, but I think it needs a different shape cover to look like it belongs down by the engine.

I think it would look even better if it were horizontal sticking out of the side like the Honda's and Harley's do. I haven't taken the cover off to see what the ignition itself looks like, but maybe a bracket that would allow it to be positioned horizontally would be really cool.

I suppose if it's possible to relocate the whole assembly, one could just replace the whole unit, but then you have mismatched keys and all that nonsense to worry about.

·
Registered
194 Posts
While I really like the idea of being able to relocate the key and all I'm really not digging having that whole cover and all moved over to the side of the bike. It looks just as out of place there as it does in front, in my opinion. Maybe it would look better all blacked out, but I think it needs a different shape cover to look like it belongs down by the engine.

I think it would look even better if it were horizontal sticking out of the side like the Honda's and Harley's do. I haven't taken the cover off to see what the ignition itself looks like, but maybe a bracket that would allow it to be positioned horizontally would be really cool.

I suppose if it's possible to relocate the whole assembly, one could just replace the whole unit, but then you have mismatched keys and all that nonsense to worry about.
I have to agree. I would like to move it to that small open triangle space in the frame right under where the ignition is now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If it was smaller and blacked out I would be on board too. I think they said it is just a mock up so I am sure it will only improve especially with all of our input

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like the idea of a different bracket as well, either way I'm excited that SS keeps coming out with great options for the Stryker.

·
Registered
665 Posts
The bike has such a wonderful look and is so open this relocation just covers up that side.
Lets look at placing something in the neck

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'd be a customer for a bracket to mount a nice looking black bracket for mounting a WOLO air horn (Chrome of course) in that area between the two Cyl.

Shane?
I wouldn't be surprised if Shane's bracket could be easily adapted for a horn.

Having toyed with ideas for the opening behind the neck and other places I think Shane's design is elegant in its simplicity. Those other spots have lots of challenges that complicate things. I'm digging this design.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
That would be sick. I've heard som double lights are one low and one high. Do you know of any that have both low and one high.

This is giving me some outrageous ideas.
Just use regular bulbs/sockets(easier for replacements) and just wire whichever one you don't want as a highbeam without that wire.
The benefit is you can always change your mind doing it this way...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
GRRRR. why don't they update there website. no everyone uses social media
I don't use it either, but I have clicked on their Instagram and Tumblr links in the past as well as for their FaceBook page (you can view it without having an account)
Instagram seems to have some shots of the rear fender he's working on for the bagger on a Stryker. I'm sure when it's ready he'll post up here what he's got for the bike.
I know he mentioned some more seat options coming and being able to choose the material and stitching. I'm looking forward to see what he'll have on that.

I agree to get the website updated. I know he did make mention of a new site being developed and not quite ready for prime time. Maybe that's why it's slow to update on the existing website.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
anyone installed one of these yet? want to see some pics of the install before i pick one up
We've sold about half of what we made but, no one has sent us in installed photos yet... I've been trying to keep and eye open here for someone to post

Here's another shot from right after we made the kit

Attachments

21 - 40 of 47 Posts