Yamaha Star Stryker banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey Shane, who says you can only use it for relocating the key ignition :D
Looks goods but, please be aware of the following.

Someone else just recently contacted us about this, they did the same modification to their's and the additional weight of the horn combined with it protruding out further eventually caused the bracket to fail at it's mounting point.

Our brackets were only designed to support the ignition with plastic cover, when combined less than a 1/2 lb. Most of these style horns are 2 to 4 times that weigh, with there center of gravity being out much further creating continued flexing that does not occur with the ignition. Lets hope yours will be fine, I just wanted to be sure to pass on the information

Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Looks goods but, please be aware of the following.

Someone else just recently contacted us about this, they did the same modification to their's and the additional weight of the horn combined with it protruding out further eventually caused the bracket to fail at it's mounting point.

Our brackets were only designed to support the ignition with plastic cover, when combined less than a 1/2 lb. Most of these style horns are 2 to 4 times that weigh, with there center of gravity being out much further creating continued flexing that does not occur with the ignition. Lets hope yours will be fine, I just wanted to be sure to pass on the information

Thanks
Shane
Thanks Shane for the heads up. I will be keeping an eye on it and modifying it if need be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm having a difficult time with the relocation kit at the moment. The instructions are lacking. Removing the ignition is proving itself difficult. Also the instructions don't say much as what to do with wiring. Ie where to run the wire.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm having a difficult time with the relocation kit at the moment. The instructions are lacking. Removing the ignition is proving itself difficult. Also the instructions don't say much as what to do with wiring. Ie where to run the wire.
I think you have to extend the wires and run it under the tank. I bought the bracket but use it for something else and not really did this conversion so I'm not that sure. Best to PM Dragunovguy he did this conversion or Email Shane himself.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts