Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, did quick intro on NSW chat thread, but looking to buy a stryker later this year to add to the stable.

I have a few questions, the prices seem greatly varied, but can see me venturing to Sydney to purchase.

My first question, which hopefully you guys can answer, the Star / Yamaha thing.?
ok I know star is/was the usa division of it n was meant for yamaha customs etc but is it now all back under yamaha??

Also see new strykers with star on rear fender, and some have yamaha, I know its the same bike, but wondering if either is a benefit.
ie if star is gone, maybe one with star be more unique than yamaha in future? as this will be a long term keeper.

Plans, as with every bike ive owned, stock pipes n air intake gotta go, they will be replaced by cobra swepts, cobra intake n the cobra FI tweak.
Cosmetically, T bars for that more upright n at it look :)

I like the bullet cowl, but not the green. I do like the candy blue, but the grey looks good too, .... choices.... not keen on blacked out too much, looks great but susceptible to stone chips more.
Prob go the candy blue n buy the bullet cowl to add on n have spray matched in blue. I believe they are $500!!!

Anyway... enough rabbiting on for now.....

·
Registered
665 Posts
The Star division is suppose to be going away. A news release stated that it was not helping marketing the brand. Buyers wonder "Who makes the Star motorcycle". If you see different markers on the bikes, I would assume it would have to do when it left the manufacture. It would not change what the bike is or parts from year to year,, as in if you have a Star Stryker it is NO different then the Yamaha Stryker.
Added note: this is a great machine, I have not found a road this bike can not eat up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the 50Kmh surge that comes standard spoils an otherwise good package

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 50Kmh surge that comes standard spoils an otherwise good package
Yeah I'll have to look at things once I get it, prob get ecu flashed, almost cert cobra swepts and cobra intake... jury out on if will need tuner if ecu flashed to suit, might ejk.

checking out costs, 299 insurance, thats average compared to my other bikes, nsw greenslip 450!!!!!! fark!! my 1000 fireblade only 290!! so thats up a good bit, glad I'm not going with my previous choice, Triumph thunderbird storm, as anything over 1350cc is 700 now!!
(reason they say bigger bikes more likely to have pillion n pillion claims in accident)
Be a while before I get it but just doing my homework for now.:thumb::thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts