Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched every thread on the Slipstreamer, but haven't seen anyone using it with driving lights. And is nowhere mentioned on their website either, if it would fit. I have the Cobra lightbar, and I was wondering if it would fit with the Stealth slipstreamer. I would hate to order it then discover that there's not enough clearance. Does anyone in here tried this combination? Thank you guys!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
If you take some pics of your bike from a few angles I will compare them to my bike sitting here with the slipstreamer and then give you my best guess as to whether or not they would fit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you mazilla. I'm mostly concerned it would not fit because of the lightbar pieces sticking out (where the switch is).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The way I have my shield on right now it will fit your space exactly but will leave you with the same 5" gap between the shield and light. I had to use a tool roll up there to fill the ridiculous gap but I have very little wind disturbance at that height(with risers) and no buffeting(I'm 6' tall) so I don't want to lower the shield any more or it defeats the purpose.

You could possibly trim the bottom parts of the shield to reduce the gap but I don't know what it takes to cut this particular plastic.

There are a few pictures of the gap on my build thread if you want to take a look to see how it will come out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I looked at your pictures when I searched the forum, and that helped me question the fitting. I don't like having that much of a gap, so I guess I'll be looking at a different shield.

I like the Memphis Shades fairing, but to paint it to match the bike is flocking expensive (more than the batwing itself). I'm wondering how the bike will look like with the fairing just black (my bike is the blue one)....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yeah, I looked at your pictures when I searched the forum, and that helped me question the fitting. I don't like having that much of a gap, so I guess I'll be looking at a different shield.

I like the Memphis Shades fairing, but to paint it to match the bike is flocking expensive (more than the batwing itself). I'm wondering how the bike will look like with the fairing just black (my bike is the blue one)....
I'm in the same boat...I got mine for $75.00 shipped so I will live with the gap until I score a deal on a fairing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts