Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My first post here, I’m new to the site. I have the 2015 with bullet cowl. The camo green. I had a custom seat made at my local customs shop. Also am putting on the cobra slip on exhaust. Which brings me to my reason for today’s post. I have the original exhaust up for grabs. It has a little spot rubbed down to metal. (Previous owner had it on the shelf and rubbed the powder coat off, he was running open headers). I’m not a fan of the original exhaust but if someone is in need of one I’ve got one for somebody in the community at a reasonable price. Hit me up.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
970 Posts
Welcome! Not a lot of traffic on the forum. Most are on the Facebook page. But this old guy prefers the forum!

Reactions: CDNStryker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Not a lot of traffic on the forum. Most are on the Facebook page. But this old guy prefers the forum!
Yeah I’m not a Facebook guy either. There’s alot of good info on the forum though, going back a long way. Not much current activity.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
970 Posts
Since the stopped production and lack of motor upgrades. Not too much to talk about.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have identical bike..i put on a cobra slip on, i also found a stock intake which i modified heavily..drilled 10 one inch holes, 3 down leading edge, 3 down rear edge, 2 on the front, 2 in rear, and also used large hole saw to remove tube that was inside.
Covered all holes with black stainless steel mesh...hoping i dont have to spend hundreds on an aftermarket...
I am curious about your seat...do you have any pics? i am currently looking for a set with backrest...had one on my vstar 950, loved it, but it wont fit stryker...love to see your custom seat.
thanks
Glenner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have identical bike..i put on a cobra slip on, i also found a stock intake which i modified heavily..drilled 10 one inch holes, 3 down leading edge, 3 down rear edge, 2 on the front, 2 in rear, and also used large hole saw to remove tube that was inside.
Covered all holes with black stainless steel mesh...hoping i dont have to spend hundreds on an aftermarket...
I am curious about your seat...do you have any pics? i am currently looking for a set with backrest...had one on my vstar 950, loved it, but it wont fit stryker...love to see your custom seat.
thanks
Glenner

Here she is. You can see it’s just the stock seat rewrapped. They bowled out the seat as well for tailbone comfort. As far as my slip on goes, I really couldn’t stand the stock one. I mean, I’ll hope for better throttle response but the look and the way it sounds is mostly why I’m changing it. Now all I have to do is wait for the snow to get lost!

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow, nice job...seat looks great.. im looking for mustang with backrest...so friggen expensive...but youve given me ideas.
your bike is exactly the same...i took the cowl off, put on a windshield..removed the 80 from side covers...cobra is on..now im waiting for snow to go away as well..stay safe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all! My first post here, I’m new to the site. I have the 2015 with bullet cowl. The camo green. I had a custom seat made at my local customs shop. Also am putting on the cobra slip on exhaust. Which brings me to my reason for today’s post. I have the original exhaust up for grabs. It has a little spot rubbed down to metal. (Previous owner had it on the shelf and rubbed the powder coat off, he was running open headers). I’m not a fan of the original exhaust but if someone is in need of one I’ve got one for somebody in the community at a reasonable price. Hit me up. View attachment 123621
Nice bike, nicer than mine since you removed the ugly tank stickers. How did you manage to do this, mine are under the clear coat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts