Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone managed to take my bike for a joy ride. As disgusting as that is, I'm trying to focus on getting it fixed. Battery is dead, I'm assuming from a hot wire. Where do I start looking for it? I'm horrible at spark chasing, but I need to get it running, its how I commute. Any help appreciated.

When jump box attached, bike energizes as if the key were on. It will run rough once started and the jumper removed. (Likely gas?)

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
1,018 Posts
Well that does stink! I would look where key switch is and also the harness runs down under the tank. I do not know how to do it, but that is the most accessible place in my opinion. The battery may just need a good overnight charge. You can take it to a auto store and have it tested and charged in a few hours if it’s dead. I’d look at all the fuses ( located under the seat on left side).
I am not sure what a jump box is? When the battery is low these bikes act very strange. Once it’s running I would check to see if you have any codes. That will help point in what direction to start troubleshooting. Some pics may also help us help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts