Yamaha Star Stryker banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
After stopping on an incline I
* keep 2 feet down & front brake engaged until time to go.
* to take off I switch front to back brake then take off with normal clutch/gas while slowly release the rear brake.

2 weeks ago I had to stop at a steep incline with quite the rake in the road turning onto a hwy while riding 2 up. Stopping was a bit awkward but takeoff was very smooth using method above.

After stopping on an incline I
* keep 2 feet down & front brake engaged until time to go.
* to take off I switch front to back brake then take off with normal clutch/gas while slowly release the rear brake.

2 weeks ago I had to stop at a steep incline with quite the rake in the road turning onto a hwy while riding 2 up. Stopping was a bit awkward but takeoff was very smooth using method above.
Exactomundo!

Rear brake, always. You need to have your hand free to work the throttle. Also provides more control at low speed when you're in a line of traffic.
Exactly- How else are we all supposed to do the Hardley throttle blips while we are waiting for light to change! HEHEHE

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.