Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if you guy’s don’t mind me picking your brain, can you possibly point me in the right direction?

I just picked up a 2014 Stryer 4500 miles. Immaculate condition. It had V&H big radius 2 into 2 pipes and a cobra air cleaner.

I didn’t like the big radius pipes so replaced them with staggered slash pipes. Now the bike won’t stay running. Can anyone advise me the best course of action?

Is it going to be easier for me to take it to a shop?
Any help or advice that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,170 Posts
Few things come to my mind first exhaust Gaskets- should put new ones in everytime. Secondly does it have a fuel programmer or Ivan’s tune? Third- 02 sensor if not using Ivan’s tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few things come to my mind first exhaust Gaskets- should put new ones in everytime. Secondly does it have a fuel programmer or Ivan’s tune? Third- 02 sensor if not using Ivan’s tune.
I inspected the ones that were there when I swapped the exhaust. They looked new only a little discoloration. But I have ordered new ones and will replace. I am unsure if it has a fuel programmer or Ivan’s tune. Is there anyway for me to tell this can I look for something specific to indicate? Would the 02 sensor that was on V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 be a different model than what I need for the new exhaust?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I inspected the ones that were there when I swapped the exhaust. They looked new only a little discoloration. But I have ordered new ones and will replace. I am unsure if it has a fuel programmer or Ivan’s tune. Is there anyway for me to tell this can I look for something specific to indicate? Would the 02 sensor that was on V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 be a different model than what I need for the new exhaust?
If the old owner got Ivan's tune, the ECU should have a relatively large sticker on it saying "Ivan's Tune" or something similar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts