Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Stryker or another bike?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sscottab 
#1 ·
I really want a Stryker, but since it is a newer production bike I don't see many in my price range ($6K-$8K). I have seen a few but they tend to be over 3 hours away and most owners still owe money on those.

It'll be my 2nd bike, my first being a 2000 Star 650 Classic. I've been riding for about 3-4 seasons now and since I sold my bike last season I've been itching to ride A LOT. I really miss it.

If anyone else has any experience with the Stryker and one of these other bikes let me know what your experience was.

My preference goes like this: Stryker, Raider, then HD Nightster, then Night Train.

I know the Stryker is supposedly the "little brother" of the Raider but I have no need for a bike as big as the Raider and I assume the insurance on it will be much more as well? If anyone wants to correct that feel free.

#6 ·
A smoother ride than the Raider? I guess I should go test drive both but I hate high pressure sales situations.

I guess I should've mentioned finish preferences too. I'd prefer in order: black (raven), silver, white.

I did see that one and if I can't find the finish I like I will take another look but right now I'm mainly looking for a black one. The price looks good too, I think I saw it on CL for $500 more than on that site.

#10 ·
I also went from the V-star 650 to the Stryker and I love it. I was able to get my 2011 Raven Stryker for $8100 and that included $1600 worth of accessories and less than $300 miles on it. I sold my 650 privately to help pay for it (got $800 more than I paid for it - rode for free for 3 years!) - so just keep your eyes open for some good deals. I was on ebay a lot and craigslist but I ended up dealing with a salesman from a local dealer. I offered $8000 for a new one and - of course - he passed on it but when somebody traded in my Stryker he emailed me and we had a deal. I think I was lucky but if you are patient you have more options. Good luck!

#11 ·
I recently bought my stryker and came from a cbr954rr which i still have but perfer the ride from the stryker just keep looking, as far as insurance what one person pays in one state would be different in another and to many verables to take into consideration, i live in maine and have full coverage on the stryker, full coverage on my wifes 2011 vstar 650 and dropped full coverage to liability on the 954 and iam paying 40.00 a month through geico.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.