Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Warrior and loved it. I must say the Stryker has lots of appeal. How is the power? Stock sound ok? Water cooled is nice. The chicks have to dig it. Decisions, decisions! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
I am in the waiting process to get one. I too was having a little difficulty on a decision. I finally had a chance to test ride one and I couldn't believe how comfortable it was, as well as great acceleration and easy to maneuver. I haven't ridden a bike for several years and this was the first I rode. It was like I've had the bike for years from the way it felt and just easily became one with the bike. It sealed the deal for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Well seeing how I own neither.....this same question has been asked regarding a raider vs warrior. What is it you are looking for? Comfort or power? Handling....are going to hit up some twisties or a lot of long hauls? If you want power and performance handling Is say warrior....a warrior you tend to sit on, where as a stryker you almost become part of the bike. Strykers are very comfortable and would be more suited for the comfort and long haul side. Warrior is a performance bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
dejablu110 said:
Well seeing how I own neither.....this same question has been asked regarding a raider vs warrior. What is it you are looking for? Comfort or power? Handling....are going to hit up some twisties or a lot of long hauls? If you want power and performance handling Is say warrior....a warrior you tend to sit on, where as a stryker you almost become part of the bike. Strykers are very comfortable and would be more suited for the comfort and long haul side. Warrior is a performance bike.
+1, what she said
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
I rode a Warrior before i bought my Stryker and as much as I loved the thrill of all that power i just couldn't pass on the Stryker for what i wanted which was a comfortable ride along with a badass look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
I never rode a warrior, however a good bike for me must first be comfortable. It isnt any fun riding if you hurt. Second its got to have at least a 150 mile range. Its a pain in the ass always looking for a gas station. Also definately has to look good and the stryker looks fast just sitting there. Its gonna be down on power from a warrior but liquyid cooled is a nice feature as is fuel injection. If you need more juice its always a good time adding aftermarket goodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
kingofleon said:
I never rode a warrior, however a good bike for me must first be comfortable. It isnt any fun riding if you hurt. Second its got to have at least a 150 mile range. Its a pain in the ass always looking for a gas station. Also definately has to look good and the stryker looks fast just sitting there. Its gonna be down on power from a warrior but liquyid cooled is a nice feature as is fuel injection. If you need more juice its always a good time adding aftermarket goodies.
+1, I agree with all your points. They Stryker sure does fit the bill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
Superior maneuverability for a 646 pound chopper at slow speeds or high speeds, extremely comfortable, more than enough power through all gears and plenty of low mid and top end torque, decent gas mileage, sleek muscular chopped look, all at a price that can't be beat and if you want it to go faster some easy affordable mods the Stryker has it all in one package. Yamaha really got it right on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
I rode both Warrior and STRYKER... gotta say the STRYKER won me over hands down.. I liked how it handled... Who cares if the stock exhaust is huge or whatever... you are going to change it anyways... what does it matter... other than HOW it rides....Thats all that matters when you buy it... everything else is getting modded!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Dejablu got it right. Warrior and Raider are bikes you ride on, the Stryker is a bike that you become. It's almost a Zen thing going on. You and the Stryker morph into one and it almost feels like the bike moves with you. The same way your brain tells your arm to move, the Stryker moves with you. Ya I know to deep, but sometimes when I'm riding its almost becomes a religious experience. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
MY said:
Dejablu got it right. Warrior and Raider are bikes you ride on, the Stryker is a bike that you become. It's almost a Zen thing going on. You and the Stryker morph into one and it almost feels like the bike moves with you. The same way your brain tells your arm to move, the Stryker moves with you. Ya I know to deep, but sometimes when I'm riding its almost becomes a religious experience. ;D
Never thought about it like that... very true...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top