Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Stryker rear rim is it WIDE as the Raider?

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Matt St. John 
#1 ·
New to forum...IS the Stryker rear rim as ??? WIDE as the Raider (I know they use the same 210 40 18 tire) I've been told it's a little narrower????

#3 ·
Thanks for the info...I'm in the process of getting a new Stryker. The dealer let me ride a Raider and the Stryker. From about 30 to 80 the Stryker could really scooooot (which is where I'm riding all of the time) I'm on the backroad 99% of the time so I appreciated the Stryker's shorter wheelbase..I'm keeping my ol' 2006 Road Warrior and have been using the 190 55 17 Pilot Road 2 instead of the 200 on it for better cornering....HAS ??? ANYONE used or thought of using the 200 50 18 V-MAX tire on the STRYKER????

#5 ·
Most prefer to go WIDER... 240 and above. It's a numbers game... I have been keeping my eyes open for a nice raider rear rim... the wider tires will fit better on them. You will love the STRYKER... it is both nimble and quick... cruises great with my Wife on the back!

#9 ·
Well folks, I'm probably the 'only' forum, make that new forum, member without a Stryker...I got close today at Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento but no cigar....Soooo this morning I drive my ol' Ford P/U to the dealership and get to test ride BOTH the Raider and the Stryker along the backroads leading into the Sierras...There's snow and ice in the upper elevations so I can't go too far....The Raider after 80 mph is awesome; it's got the power that'll keep on tickin' and keep you grinnin' into the triple digits...But the Stryker in the 30 to 80 range seemed to be quicker through the twisties. Wheelbase, weight, higher rev engine...whatever, I'd choose the Stryker, it would be my first choice...But alas, the one I liked back at the shop had a deposit on it ???? Oh, well, I guess I'll be puttin' around on my Road Warrior for a bit longer..PEACE RIDE SAFE

#11 ·
BorderlandBiker said:
Well folks, I'm probably the 'only' forum, make that new forum, member without a Stryker...I got close today at Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento but no cigar....Soooo this morning I drive my ol' Ford P/U to the dealership and get to test ride BOTH the Raider and the Stryker along the backroads leading into the Sierras...There's snow and ice in the upper elevations so I can't go too far....The Raider after 80 mph is awesome; it's got the power that'll keep on tickin' and keep you grinnin' into the triple digits...But the Stryker in the 30 to 80 range seemed to be quicker through the twisties. Wheelbase, weight, higher rev engine...whatever, I'd choose the Stryker, it would be my first choice...But alas, the one I liked back at the shop had a deposit on it ???? Oh, well, I guess I'll be puttin' around on my Road Warrior for a bit longer..PEACE RIDE SAFE
If you are looking for a Styker try the Yamaha dealership in Yuba City. That is were I bought mine and I beleive they had a couple of more.

#12 ·
For the guy trying to get a Sryker if you are willing to wait 7 to 10 days just go to any Yamaha dealer and order the one you want. And if you go to the build it your self sight you can have the accessorizes installed with the packaged deal if you qualify.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.