Yamaha Star Stryker banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Harleys are good for the economy just think of all the mechanics they keep employed and the support they give to the oil companies, fill up the gas and fill the oil please.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Lmao....they should just advertise them as having "self-changing" oil systems. You never have to change the oil, just add!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
To be cautious, Harley has improved considerably in resent years. Cutting weight, improving shifting and getting torque to the rear wheel. Most of their big full dressers and baggers are still pigs, but their bobbers and slim models are nothing to to sneer at. You are talking bikes that are not much more weight than the Stryker and low geared with any where from 200cc to 500cc more than the Stryker so?? Then you have the Sportster 1200 that are faster and the Vrod will smoke a Stryker.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Sad to say, but my wife's FLS Slim with a 103 wins right now. I have the cobra down turn pipes but a stock intake. I think that a better air breather and the fi2000 will make all the difference.
H-d softail slim
1/4 mile 12.96 sec. @ 100.45 mph, measured top speed 115 mph. (June 2012 Cycle World)

This isn't much faster than the Stryker. I'm not sure I would admit my wife beat me on her Harley. LOL.
But ya, the slim is nearly 1700cc so.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
H-d softail slim
1/4 mile 12.96 sec. @ 100.45 mph, measured top speed 115 mph. (June 2012 Cycle World)

This isn't much faster than the Stryker. I'm not sure I would admit my wife beat me on her Harley. LOL.
But ya, the slim is nearly 1700cc so.

HEHEHE, she beat you on the 950, on your stryker, in your shed, down the street....

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
HEHEHE, she beat you on the 950, on your stryker, in your shed, down the street....
In the horse pasture in the goat barn in the meadow on the Virago pretty much everywhere in the National Forest up here:D:nod:

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Wow 10K in an engine alone. I know its possible but still blows my mind.
One goofy saleswoman hit the nail on the head 2 decades ago when she said to my wife "The difference between men and boys, the price of their toys..."

lol, BillyD. I know if I had 10k in must my motor. I would be a bad arse!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts