Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2011 Yamaha Stryker a couple months ago. I am now wanting to find a great looking windshield to add to it without taking away it's looks. Nothing too big or too small. I don't like the bullet windshields. So if anyone has some good pics of windshields on the bikes, I would love to get an idea as to what they would look like without buying one and regretting the expense later.

I have seen some that fancy my taste. So far they are:

1. Memphis Shades H*ll Cat Gradient Black

2. Slip Streamer Smoke Spitfire Sport Shield

3. Memphis Shades The Shooter Gradient Black Handlebar Mount Windshield

Basically I want to see pics with them on a Stryker to see if I would like it. I know the first choice would fit my bike. But not sure if the others would.
I am open to other suggestions to. If anyone knows of a website that has an interactive screen where I can look at different pics of windshields, that would be a great help.

Thanks for your input.
Marty

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome Charger400! Wise choice with the Stryker, you won’t regret it.
I have a Yamaha Boulevard windshield on mine, 10.75 inches. Small but very effective at reducing/minimizing windblast for me at 5’9” but I have heard it’s not very effective for those over 6 foot. The thing I like most about this windshield is the fact that it doesn’t take away from the lines of the bike which is one of the things that drew me to the bike in the first place. Sorry, don’t have any pics of mine as she’s under cover right now:( but you can google pics on line if you want to see what it looks like. I may uncover her tomorrow to get a couple pics for you if you think you may be interested or some of the other guys may have pics for you as well. The other cool thing about the boulevard windshield is that the mounting hardware that comes with the windshield is the same hardware that works on Rifle replacement windshields and they come in 13.5, 15.5 and 17.5 inches or you can have them custom made. I have attached pics of the boulevard I have and the replacement shields available from Rifle. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I saw stuff on google. But they aren't very good at showing a good shot of windshields or they are on a different style bike. I have seen boulevards but not on Stryker so far. Would like to see pics if possible.
Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Get a fairing I tried the shield and got blasted on the highway. If you like riding good distance invest in a fairing. Reckless Fairings.com makes them built to order (kinda costly) but well worth it with the stereo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I saw stuff on google. But they aren't very good at showing a good shot of windshields or they are on a different style bike. I have seen boulevards but not on Stryker so far. Would like to see pics if possible.
Thanks
Kind of tough to see and I can’t get any more angles right now as my car is in the garage but I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a Slipstreamer Stealth on a 2011 Raven. Here is a link to a post with about 10 pix. A little fussy to install, but folks tell me they like the look.
Slipstreamer Stealth, cheap, a little different, and cool.
Here is a thread with 10+ pictures of my bike/stealth.
Slip Streamer Stealth

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was looking for a mid size shield also. I went with the Slip Streamer Classic, SS 30 17. I really like it. Just got it Christmas, so I haven't played with all of the adjustments, but with the setup like the pics the wind hits the top of my helmet. I wear a full face modular helmet, and I'm 5' 11". Hope this helps. IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking for a mid size shield also. I went with the Slip Streamer Classic, SS 30 17. I really like it. Just got it Christmas, so I haven't played with all of the adjustments, but with the setup like the pics the wind hits the top of my helmet. I wear a full face modular helmet, and I'm 5' 11". Hope this helps. View attachment 111626

View attachment 111634
****, I like this one too. But it is a bit bigger than I would like. I'm 5'11" also. I have a full and a 1/2 open helmet. So the windshield would be great when I use the 1/2 open.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of tough to see and I can’t get any more angles right now as my car is in the garage but I hope this helps.
Nice. Thanks for taking pics. I like this one too. I actually was thinking of this at one point. I was also hoping to see a whole bike view with it on. Don't knock yourself out if it's too much trouble with the car inside. Greatly appreciate what you already did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was looking for a mid size shield also. I went with the Slip Streamer Classic, SS 30 17. I really like it. Just got it Christmas, so I haven't played with all of the adjustments, but with the setup like the pics the wind hits the top of my helmet. I wear a full face modular helmet, and I'm 5' 11". Hope this helps. View attachment 111626

View attachment 111634

Hello GAscooter,
Can you please tell me where to get a back rest like yours for my Stryker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Juanmonn. You can get that at any of the online motorcycle sites. The back rest is the Cobra short square #02-5770, and the luggage rack is Cobra formed #02-3601. I got the back rest here on the forum and the rack from denniskirk.com.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Juanmonn. You can get that at any of the online motorcycle sites. The back rest is the Cobra short square #02-5770, and the luggage rack is Cobra formed #02-3601. I got the back rest here on the forum and the rack from denniskirk.com.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts

View attachment 111634
Hey GAscooter. I’m looking at getting the same shield. Are you looking through the SS 30 or over the top and are you getting any buffeting with it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Mako. I can see clear over the top by a couple of inches. I'm 5-11 tall and have the stock seat. At first I was getting a little buffeting and the wind was hitting me square in the forehead. This gave me a lot of neck and shoulder pain if riding more than an hour. The brackets have a lot of options for adjusting, and I nailed it on the second try. I moved the clamps up slightly to 1.5" off the clamp and tilted the shield forward one notch. Now it's all smooth. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Mako. I can see clear over the top by a couple of inches. I'm 5-11 tall and have the stock seat. At first I was getting a little buffeting and the wind was hitting me square in the forehead. This gave me a lot of neck and shoulder pain if riding more than an hour. The brackets have a lot of options for adjusting, and I nailed it on the second try. I moved the clamps up slightly to 1.5" off the clamp and tilted the shield forward one notch. Now it's all smooth. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly what I was looking for. I’m the same height and have a stock seat as well. I’ll pull the trigger on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I realize I am about 3 years out of this conversation, but hey everything lives forever on the internet. Anyhow, I am looking for this exact combo for my Father for Father's Day. Can you please explain how you attach both the backrest and luggage rack to the motorcycle? Do either of the items come with the bolts to affix it? If not, do you have a recommendation on the proper bolts to use?
Thank you,
Pam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts