Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of fed up with my swingwings. Cant lean how I want when taking turns and sweepers. Ready to go back to the stock pegs. Anyone else has this problem scrapping the wings? Not a comfortable feeling..:mad:

· Registered
3,234 Posts
Kind of fed up with my swingwings. Cant lean how I want when taking turns and sweepers. Ready to go back to the stock pegs. Anyone else has this problem scrapping the wings? Not a comfortable feeling..:mad:

I also have the swing wings. I was scraping when lowered 1". Now I am lowered 2 1/4", but I haven't been able to ride since lowering more. I was just thinking about what I am going to do, since I am sure I will scrape even more. I was wondering about the Iso wings.:confused:

· Registered
623 Posts
Personally I love my wings, I was scrapping time to time when I was running the stock 210 tire and a 2" drop. I have now upgraded to a 240 tire and a 2" drop but unfortunately I am unable to tell you if I scrap any more or less. I haven't had a chance to ride my bike do to the wonderful snow that came through. I know the 240 is a taller tire so it will get you up off the ground a little more.

Best of luck

2,677 Posts
I'm running the Swing-Wing pegs with the PCS 2 1/4" drop…if you take corners like I do you’ll eventually grind the underside of the pegs down to the point where they will no longer swing open. Now I guess I just have "Wing" pegs LOL

· Registered
1,980 Posts
I was scraping mine too often with stock height and tire, with scootmods 3" forward controls. I went with the ISO wings, and they seem to sit higher. I haven't scraped them yet, but I had them powder coated, so I think I am more cautious not too.. LOL. But they definitely sit higher.

· Registered
3,234 Posts
I was scraping mine too often with stock height and tire, with scootmods 3" forward controls. I went with the ISO wings, and they seem to sit higher. I haven't scraped them yet, but I had them powder coated, so I think I am more cautious not too.. LOL. But they definitely sit higher.

I might have to get them. That is what I originally wanted, but got the swingwings instead.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im going back to stock. i felt much safer knowing i had the spring in there to bounce back up if I do scrap. with the wings stationary i just feel myself hitting the asphalt and that wont be pretty. At least till I find something else.

· Registered
956 Posts
im going back to stock. i felt much safer knowing i had the spring in there to bounce back up if I do scrap. with the wings stationary i just feel myself hitting the asphalt and that wont be pretty. At least till I find something else.
I reused the stock spring with my Swingwings. I really like them folded up, I have only ridden it around town so only used them extended once but I did notice them scrapping once or twice.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.