Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to wire a new tach to my '11, but the needle will only go up to 2000 rpm. I had 1 wire hooked to coil pos. & 1 to coil neg. & 1 grounded to the frame. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I read somewhere that it might have to go through the ECM? If so, does anyone know where or which wire to hook into? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Trying to wire a new tach to my '11, but the needle will only go up to 2000 rpm. I had 1 wire hooked to coil pos. & 1 to coil neg. & 1 grounded to the frame. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I read somewhere that it might have to go through the ECM? If so, does anyone know where or which wire to hook into? Thanks
Does your tach have a setting for single fire & double fire? The Stryker is single fire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Follow up to my previous post. If your tach is designed for double fire ignition you will need an adapter to convert it to single fire. Here are a few options:

I have never used any of them so I cannot comment on which ones work and which ones don't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Follow up to my previous post. If your tach is designed for double fire ignition you will need an adapter to convert it to single fire. Here are a few options:

I have never used any of them so I cannot comment on which ones work and which ones don't.
K, if I run out of options, I'll go that route. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts