Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that there is a lack of parts for our bike so I decided to do something about it.

I have a background in engineering and drafting so I decided to make my own parts.

First up is my quick release tourpak brackets and rack
I designed it, cut a rough prototype on the plasma table, and finished my final design this week.

I sent it over to my machine shop for pricing and fabbing up the first one and I'm hoping to get the word back Monday.

I already have a custom bag setup and have a Harley inner and outer fairing on the way. I will bw making custom quick release brackets for it also.

Check back for updates.

· Registered
569 Posts
Nice! It's great to see some more offerings for these bikes. I'm jealous of the plasma table. Started building one last year and haven't had time to get back to it. Just a small 2'x4' for my own toys. Might be time to get back to it.

· Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Step 2 teaser.

Prototype supports.
Original design had matching enrry points and mounting points for a trigger lock mechanism.
Rough draft cut on plasma table with scrap.

This is the Mutazu trunk I will be using.

8,695 Posts
Got a great start Visualinz!! Can't wait to see the progression of this project. Way to step-up!

· Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've designed a couple more parts also that I think would benefit people that do not want to spend a ton of cash on limited parts.
I hope I get the word back from the machine shop today. Patience is not one of my virtues.

· Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my pricing back and gave the go ahead to make 1 copy for now. A single copy was a little steep in my opinion, but if I make around 10 it becomes more reasonable.

Hopefully I will have the part in a couple of days, maybe longer due to powder coat, and can get some pics up.

I will probably make some bulk copies with mounting hardware and all and sell them off if anyone is interested after pics are up (I will probably tack on about $25 over cost for my troubles).

P.S. I've also got a call into Mutazu to try to get some coupons codes to match with my brackets and rack.

· Registered
569 Posts
Looks good visualsinz. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

· Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my first final product today.
I will be installing it tonight and hopefully can get a pic shoot going tomorrow if the sun will stay out.

I will be making a post in the vendor forum soon with purchase information.
It will come with all the hardware to install, including aluminum spacers and a cool looking cap for the end of the spacers.

I will be making 10 for the first run at a no profit to me price. After that I will have to start making a little profit :) .

· Registered
734 Posts
I really like the idea of this, but I'm not sure if I like the look of it (although it is growing on me the more I look at it). Is the final product going to be lower (closer to the seat/fender)? I have the corbin dual touring seat, so it will close some of the gap, but I still think it should come down a little bit. Also does the trunk interfere at all with the side bags?

Can you maybe get some pictures from farther away from the bike and from behind the bike?

· Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was out of light last night and couldn't wait to get pics up, but I will definitely have better pics up this afternoon when I can pull the bike out of the garage.

To answer you questions:
1. It can be ran with or without bags. It will come with aluminum spacers that it will drop onto. It is quick release so it only takes a couple of seconds to pull off.

2. I have it that high for passenger comfort. The tourpaks have a backrest, but if I went any lower, it would not be as comfortable. I am taking 10 degrees of the front, not the back, so that will drop the front of the pack a little when I level it off (in the current pic the rack is angled back a little bit).

I also designed it to be wider to work with any wide pillion seat. The backrest I have design will dip in like current backrest out there for sale.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.