Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I went for a nice ride and and on my home I stopped at a local pub for a couple beers. I pulled in and realized that there were about 50 motorcycles parked across the street. As I was getting off my bike 3 guys walked up to me and one of them asked "What the [email protected]#&* is that?". I didn't know what to expect but I told him I was riding a Stryker. He was blown away by the bike and couldn't say enough good things about it. He kept talkin about the "West Coast" and how the Raven fits in the with the "west coast thing". We were having a good conversation about our bikes and how he just got "patched in" to his club until his buddy stepped up and squared on me and said "It is what it is.... but it ain't a Harley." I laughed and walked away. I honestly think this guy would have fought me just becaue I wasn't on a H.D. This is the 5th time in the last 2 weeks I 've had guys riding H.D. motorcycles say stupid **** like this. Is it just me or are you guys dealng with this too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Unfortunately a good portion of the HD guys forgot its not about the bike but the ride. I've never owned a HD but from what I understand they require a bit more upkeep than a metric bike. Maybe he was jealous cuz he had to add lots of aftermarket parts and chrome to make it look like the Stryker does stock. I'm just saying...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
my uncle is kinda like that... if its not a Harley, its not a Harley..... blah blah. He admits that Mine will probably last much longer than any HD engine...

I agree that its about the ride, not brand of machine.

It gets to be a bit ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
lol... I has something like that happen to me. I ended up asking him, what was so good about his HD? All he could say "it is an American bike". The I asked him, ok so you are a die hard American? His reply "yep you bet". I said ok, so what have you done for your country, if you are such an " American"?.. And of course instead of he had nothing to say, and got all pissed off. I just ended up walking away.

And the best part of it was... I was wearing my military uniform.

Anyway, I have met som really good HD riders, unfortunatly the ones with something negitive to say out number the good ones..lol..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Screw all those idiots!! Just get off your HD high horse and take it up the A$$ and stop complaining!! Since HD riders are strait forward when commenting on my ride im gonna flip the script and do the same and say i made a smart decision in getting this POS "YAMAHA" and compare theirs v.s. mine.... i like how u told the guy what makes him sooo american when everything he buys is made from CHINA lol...... He Probably Drives a HONDA!!! LMAO!! Im just tired of reading how HD guys are DICKS, Not tired of reading your guys posts cuz it humors me on how much of a JackA$$ Some HD riders are... but just in general
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Had a couple HD guys pull up beside me at a light today.......

The guy next to me said......"Nice Bike" the dude next him gave me a head nod........

8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Here are the comment I have gotten so far on my Raven Stryker.
1) That Bike is sick
2). What the %$# is that
3). That thing look like a rocket (From HD rider)
4). Not really a comment but flashed by two cute blonds
5). Too many thumbs up at red lights too count
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
In my view its not the HD riders. Its the individuals themselves. I've met some of the best riders in the world who ride HD and they love my bike. The HD riders your incountering would be A Holes no matter what they would be riding. They are A Holes in their cars, A Holes at their job and A Holes at home. They are your A Hole neighbors and the A Hole in the movie theater who won't shut up. Its not the bike its the person who rides the bike. I guess it just may be that more A Holes ride Harley's then any other bike. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
HD has done such an amazing job with marketing. They have too, how else can you convince someone to spend 5-8k more for a bike that is comparable in a metric. It's okay if you want a HD for the brand. To each his own, but don't act like its better just because you spent more.

I find more people who don't ride asking me why I didn't buy a HD than HD owners? It's because of the marketing. How many non-riders do you see out in public wearing a Yamaha or Honda shirt? Not many, but there are at least 50 people in any given Wal-Mart wearing an HD shirt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
midlifecrisis said:
HD has done such an amazing job with marketing. They have too, how else can you convince someone to spend 5-8k more for a bike that is comparable in a metric. It's okay if you want a HD for the brand. To each his own, but don't act like its better just because you spent more.

I find more people who don't ride asking me why I didn't buy a HD than HD owners? It's because of the marketing. How many non-riders do you see out in public wearing a Yamaha or Honda shirt? Not many, but there are at least 50 people in any given Wal-Mart wearing an HD shirt.
I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
I did a charity ride Saturday morning. 90% of the bikes there were HD's but mine was the one getting all the attention. I couldn't believe how many nice comments I got from the HD guys. I was really surprised. Turned out to be a helluva good day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Without question the majority of people really like the Stryker. The most common compliment I get is, "That's a bad-ass bike". It just seems that there's always one guy in the crowd that has to bring up the H.D thing. I never get it from the Suzuki, Honda, etc riders. The guy yesterday was showing off for his buddies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Well how smart can you be when you spend twice as much, for a bike half as fast, non reliable and prone to parts falling off from vibration, random oil leaks and discovering that it can't make their johnson bigger either...... What do you get a Harley rider for christmas? A 50lb bag of oil dry and a gift certificate for some craftsman tools. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
It was funny. I was riding home from work the other night and decided to ride though town instead of going around. I came up on a true stereo typical Harley rider. You know, is pretty much dressed like someone out of the movie Mad Max. I cruised past him and through a hand wave up as I went by. Remeber, this is at eleven o'clock at night. We roll through two lights and almost had to stop for a third but it turned green as we were coming up behind the cars waiting at the light. I saw him come in behind me so I slid over in case he wanted to slide in beside me. As we were pulling off from the red light he came up beside me, and when I say beside me I thougt he was going to run into me and yelled "What kind of bike is that?"? I responded that it was a Stryker made by Yamaha. He yelled "I nice looking bike." I thew my hand up in a wave of thank you and he waved back as he slid into the right lane and then proceeded to turn. You have to remember that Harleys are a state of mind. Though there are some nice HD riders who aren't arrogant pricks you will never be thought of by them as an equal. And I couldn't care less how someone else feels about it. The only opinion I care about is mine. And i'm extremely pleased with my decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
UrbanRage said:
lol... I has something like that happen to me. I ended up asking him, what was so good about his HD? All he could say "it is an American bike". The I asked him, ok so you are a die hard American? His reply "yep you bet". I said ok, so what have you done for your country, if you are such an " American"?.. And of course instead of he had nothing to say, and got all pissed off. I just ended up walking away.

And the best part of it was... I was wearing my military uniform.

Anyway, I have met som really good HD riders, unfortunatly the ones with something negitive to say out number the good ones..lol..
HOOAH!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Guys! Guys!

Remember:

80 % of all Harleys ever made are still on the road . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the other 20 % made it back to their garages.

;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Saltyseafarer said:
Guys! Guys!

Remember:

80 % of all Harleys ever made are still on the road . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the other 20 % made it back to their garages.

;D
ROTFLMAO I aaaaallmost went with a Harley originally, but then talked to my buddy who's been riding a LOT longer than I, and he steered me away from it, for all of the reasons outlined here (lots of attitude-impaired riders tend to get HDs, maintenance issues, overpricing, etc.). SO glad I went Stryker!! It's a BADA$$ bike!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top