Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this 2011 for 2600$ a few month ago. I nkew it wasant perfect, my mirrors constantly fold at speeds greater than 45. Ordered myself some mirrors , then looked at them closer tonight. Are my mirrors holding my levers? Wtf? Is this safe to ride? Im kinda new to working on a bike
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bicycle part Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Bumper Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Crankset Wheel Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
All I can say is wow. In the top pic the mirror should mount to the raised spot just above where it is mounted. In the bottom pic it should be in the raised spot to the left. If I'd just bought that bike, I'd be giving it a thorough inspection to see what else might be rigged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I can say is wow. In the top pic the mirror should mount to the raised spot just above where it is mounted. In the bottom pic it should be in the raised spot to the left. If I'd just bought that bike, I'd be giving it a thorough inspection to see what else might be rigged.
Just had the season maintanance done at a reputable Wisconsin shop…reputable my arzz. How could they miss this? Anyone that can recomend a decent shop or mechanic in wisconsin?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Can't help you there. Wisconsin is a little too far north for me. But I always recommend becoming familiar with the mechanical aspect of the bike yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't help you there. Wisconsin is a little too far north for me. But I always recommend becoming familiar with the mechanical aspect of the bike yourself.
Yup, need to get me a users manual and familiarize. So far i love the bike, for the price I payed I'm pretty happy. Im ordering the oem bolts n nutz for the levers. Should be a pretty easy swap , right?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
For the levers, yes. Looks like the studs may be broken off in the mirror mounts. There's a link to the manual around here somewhere.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
For the levers, yes. Looks like the studs may be broken off in the mirror mounts. There's a link to the manual around here somewhere.
THIS ^^^^
For whatever reason Yamaha has the right mirror(broke) as a left hand thread. That is usually the one people F up. The previous owner was above average in that he even busted the right hand threaded 1.
In fairness, it might not have been stock and if things got loose maybe someone used red Loctite. That stuff is really hard to break free if used in the wrong situations where you cannot apply heat. Blue Loctite, on the other hand, is almost a given for anything on the bike given the nature of the beast and vibrations...

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the left side clutch lever the bracket is about $35 if you can't get that piece of mirror (that looks like what's in there) out. And I hope you can get it out of the master cylinder threads because it's around $160 or more for the whole right side assembly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the left side clutch lever the bracket is about $35 if you can't get that piece of mirror (that looks like what's in there) out. And I hope you can get it out of the master cylinder threads because it's around $160 or more for the whole right side assembly.
Its probably just bad lighting, i domt think anything is broken in.
Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts