Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys feel about using a tire plug (Gooey stick kind) as a permanent fix? The reason why I ask is... I just noticed what appears to be a small pacth of rubber missing from the tire. ??? It looks/feels like there is some plastic type looking material where the missing patch is. Could that be part of the tires core? I was just thinking about plugging it since I have less than 2000 mile the tire. Oh yeah It's been two days and the tire hasn't loss any air. Thanks in advance for thoughts/suggestions. ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I haven't checked out the tire warranty, but I assume there is one and it certainly sounds like a manufactures defect. I'd check with the dealer, new tire for free sounds much better than the plug.

·
Registered
650 Posts
if you have a piece of the tire missing then you need to replace the tire a patch won't hold it. How big of a section is it? front or rear? If I was you I'd get a new tire I got a 240 from denniskirk.com dunlop elite 3 for 154 shipped.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys/gals. I'm going take it to the dealership and see what kinda garbage is going to come out of the holes in their face.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Stryker said:
if you have a piece of the tire missing then you need to replace the tire a patch won't hold it. How big of a section is it? front or rear? If I was you I'd get a new tire I got a 240 from denniskirk.com dunlop elite 3 for 154 shipped.
Stryker is that $154, shipping included?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd see about applying the $$ you're authorized from the tire warranty and upgrading to the 240. Maybe that will help offset your out-of-pocket. Just a suggestion from a wheeler-n-dealer!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
That photo looks like you ran over something hot and it melted. Bet a dozen donuts there is no warranty for this. I'd go with Clar's offer. Really nice offer Clar.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
clar2001 said:
I have a stock 210 with 400 miles on it I will ship to you for $75 and a good part of that is just shipping.
Thanks Clar2001, I'll keep that in mind. In the meantime I'm gonna try to convince the Boss (Wife) to let me get that 250 ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts