Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2012 stryker
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃槅... dang . You guys are carrying around an extra 10 pounds of weight. I took off the original passenger rest , and wow , I love the look . Couldn't believe how heavy that thing is.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Registered
馃槅... dang . You guys are carrying around an extra 10 pounds of weight. I took off the original passenger rest , and wow , I love the look . Couldn't believe how heavy that thing is. View attachment 124412
In mine original backrest and windshield, a very well done and expensive items, were first things to disappear.., and, hey!, you can took off that silly rear disc cover too馃槆..

Registered
In mine original backrest and windshield, a very well done and expensive items, were first things to disappear.., and, hey!, you can took off that silly rear disc cover too馃槆..
I am constantly amazed at how many people customize their Stryker but leave the aluminum dust cover on. It took me a year to get around to taking mine off, but it looks sooooo much better!

Registered
2012 stryker
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am constantly amazed at how many people customize their Stryker but leave the aluminum dust cover on. It took me a year to get around to taking mine off, but it looks sooooo much better!
What's a dust cover? Not trying to be funny. Mine might already be gone. Lemme know. I weigh 204 so less weight equals more hp ! 馃槑

Registered
What's a dust cover? Not trying to be funny. Mine might already be gone. Lemme know. I weigh 204 so less weight equals more hp ! 馃槑
It is the finned aluminum disc on the right side of your rear rotor. I removed the screws from mine, propped it away from the rotor and used a cutoff wheel to cut it into a few segments so I could remove it without taking the rear wheel off. IMO the aluminum just doesn't fit with any other part of the bike.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Registered
2012 stryker
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is the finned aluminum disc on the right side of your rear rotor. I removed the screws from mine, propped it away from the rotor and used a cutoff wheel to cut it into a few segments so I could remove it without taking the rear wheel off. IMO the aluminum just doesn't fit with any other part of the bike.
View attachment 124416 View attachment 124417
Thanks man!... I got one of those. Gonna sell it then, when I get it off !! 馃槅... How much will you give me for it ??? ... 馃槅... makes a good pizza plate 馃槑

Registered
2012 stryker
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 124416 View attachment 124417
Nice ride by the way !!! ... uhhhh... is that a harley??? 馃槅

Registered
If you want to keep busy your cutoff wheel:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Bicycle tire

Never liked the complex design of the front disc -old BMW style- and chopped the inner brakets for cleaning the look months ago, It keeps rolling!, no issues... thought better, to do the same with the exteriors only, that inverted V, should be better for matching the wheel:unsure:, --ck!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts