Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Total Newb...

3K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  enjoithejello 
#1 ·
Had to copy this from a different forum since i cant read where to write yet haha, anyways... 5 days now i've had my 1st bike (ever), the '11 stryker. it came used with 5000 miles, a cobra intake, cobra exhaust, and power commander. i'm honestly not sure what any of this does for the bike but i do love the sound compared to stock. I'm totally interested in moving on to a bigger tire but have no idea what the difference will be between 210, 240, 280 even? also what is the power commander good for and how do i use it? is it possible to set it for better gas mileage for commuting? oh and not that it really matters now but is there a difference at all in the 2011 and 2012?

i live in temecula, CA

like the title says, im new as can be to the motorcycle world, anyone who cares to pass some tips would be greatly appreciated
thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome, good sir. I'm in Lancaster, so not all that far from you.

As for your questions, the search function will be of great use to you. Seems the consensus is the 240 tire is the way to go. Thats the biggest you can go without any other modifications. I'm running the Metzler ME880 240/40-18 I think it is. Lots of people like the Avon.

The power commander is just there to compensate for tuning issues from adding the aftermarket exhaust and intake. You shouldnt have to do anything with it. The power commander in particular I don't know much about; you may be able to tweak it some. Do a search and you might find great things from people who know.

And the 2011 is cooler because I ride one. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.