Yamaha Star Stryker banner

trouble picking...

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  mikoloe 
#1 ·
hey there guys,
im a large guy (6'6" 250lbs) and i fell in love with the styling of the stryker at the local dealer. im new to riding and am looking to purchase my first ride.. there in lies the problem. i sat on the stryker and thought it was awesome and with forward controls could be decently comfortable riding it. i also really like the rs warrior but havent gotten to sit on any around my area. Are there any comments or opinions on which i should lean towards? both are great bikes but with little experience...i dont wanna make a big mistake. thanx! :D

#2 ·
I also loved the warrior but once I rode one (granted it was early march in new england) I found the ridability to be a bit rough. I am not new to riding really, I have been riding legally for 6 years now, plus the parking lots and dirt bikes before that. I would say since it is a first bike be smart and go with a little less power and much more versitile drivability and get a stryker. I am 6'2" and find the stryker much more fiting position wise than the warrior as well, they seem like they have a stretch but are truly compressed in how far your legs are in front of you.

#3 ·
thanks....i they look pretty big when u see them online.... just looking for any info i can...the mother in laws boyfriend who i trust, thought it might be ok since he had one (would need forward controls). im not totally new to riding... ridden dirt bikes and all that growing up just not a street bike...goiing to need forward controls no matter what im affraid... would be willing to take any others input!

#4 ·
Im only 5-9 and about 160 and the stryker fits me very comfortly. I sat on the raider s... and it was huge... i have never sat on a warrior so i dont know what it feels like... but if i were a bigger guy i probably would have bought the raider... just for the bigger motor... but after it is all said and done it is what ever you feel the most comfortable on and what you like... This stryker was different riding at first because of the forward controls to me... I have road dirt bikes since i was about 10 and when i got old enough i started riding crotch rockets... then went to cruisers. this is my second cruiser to own and my last one didnt have forward controls and it was also smaller...

#5 ·
I was definitely going to look for a cruiser specifically for the gas mileage only after selling my sportbike which used up more gas than my car and you had to fill it up with 93 octane or over... I basically use my bike for my commute to and from work so I was actually looking to get something in the area of a Honda 750 or a HD 883. I fell in love with the Stryker and thought I was gonna get killed on the gas mileage and considered the 1900 as long as I was going for a bigger motor....Glad I didn't as this bike is actually pretty **** good on gas and I get to fill it with 87 octane and it runs great. No regrets in both choosing an engine a lot bigger than I intended and not going all the way for the 1900cc. This thing is quick enough for my commute and very easy to handle. I do miss the torque of my zx10r once in a while but don't miss the tickets and the constant pull-over's that came with it. With all the traffic anyway going to and from work, I noticed I was doing the same speeds as my sport bike on work days and I'm really not using it for just pleasure anymore so it suits it's purpose perfectly and looks cool at the same time!

#6 ·
sorry
for
the
computer...my,,,daughter...messed...it...up.I....know...the...warrior...is...a...great...performance
bike....but...you...literally...sit...on...top...of...it.The...stryker...sits...back...more...relaxed...and
comfy.I...believe....its...all...in..what...you...want.These...are...2....total...different....bikes.

#7 ·
I am 6' 3" 255 pounds and I own and love my Stryker, the riding position is awesome, arms stretched out, comfy seat, legs in a relax but in control position. A position in which I can pull along for miles and miles but in total control of my ride, on my Stryker I feel like I sit in it not on it.

#9 ·
the stryker was my very first bike.. but before i bought it i sat in a lot of bikes in the showroom (no harley's though). one of the greatest things about sitting on the stryker was i just felt like i was sitting in it... like sitting in your car. (that might be an awful analogy but i digress). anyways.. since i've been on it, i dont know any better. on the road.. it just feels so natural. i guess what im trying to say is i like being in my bike like i'm a part of it, instead of on my bike like i'm the accesory.

#10 ·
savage9 said:
hey there guys,
im a large guy (6'6" 250lbs) and i fell in love with the styling of the stryker at the local dealer. im new to riding and am looking to purchase my first ride.. there in lies the problem. i sat on the stryker and thought it was awesome and with forward controls could be decently comfortable riding it. i also really like the rs warrior but havent gotten to sit on any around my area. Are there any comments or opinions on which i should lean towards? both are great bikes but with little experience...i dont wanna make a big mistake. thanx! :D
Savage, I suggest taking your time and seek out a warrior to test ride so you can make the best choice. Others and I can tell you all day how great the Stryker is but you are the one who is going to spend your hard earned money on this purchase and you should love it! The bike should be comfortable, easy for your to ride and something you feel you will enjoy for years. Best of luck and this is just my two cents.

#14 ·
I ended up putting Progessive shock/spring in the rear and progressive springs in the front forks. Much more tolerable now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.