Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Upload Custom Maps! PLZ!

11K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Faria 
#1 ·
Due to the lack of cooperation with DynoJet and their lack of maps for our bike. If you have any technical know how and you have played around with a Power Commander V on your Stryker then you know that mapping is time consuming and expensive. If you have a custom map on your Power Commander V (PCV), PLEASE upload it to this thread.

To have a standard, please note:
***All performance modifications with make/model.
***personal map or Authrorized PC Tuner map
***a brief description of the overall performance of your bike after map is applied.

Thank you!

#4 ·
Is anyone happy with this unit? I was think of the EJK but it seems to make sense to go with a unit that the dyno shops know how use and will support if I end up deciding to get it dyno'd.

#6 ·
I am very happy with this unit. Just I noticed when it comes to options for maps on there website there are very few compared to other makes and models. Of course, as soon as I have the money, I plan on getting my own custom map tuned up for my bike.

#5 ·
There is definitely not a lack of anything when it comes to the Dynojet corporation. They are very helpful and always there for you. They have to be since they charge you an arm and a leg for their product. If you really feel you must go this route, do it. There are other routes to go that will get you the almost the same result without having to drop this kind of dime.

#8 ·
The stock maps provided by dynojet aren't the best for this bike. Not a lot to choose from and only one of them maps both cylinders independently.
When I had mine dyno'd he leaned out the cruise circuit and it's too lean. I've had to adjust it to get it to stop cutting out from starving for fuel. He's going to put it back on the dyno and re-adjust the 5-10-15% throttle range from about 1000 RPM to 3250 RPM. That's where my bike sees most of it's cruising at.
You can always try adjusting the map manually. It's not the right approach, but you might be able to tweak the map to your liking. Thekevin has been doing that with his bike.

If you want to get rid of most of the backfiring on decel. Change the values in the 0% throttle column from 2500 RPM up to 6000 RPM to 30's.
Lag is probably from too much fuel. You will need to look at your throttle position when that's happening and when you have the PCV hooked up to the computer, turn the key on and move your throttle to that position. It will tell you what % column you need to be looking at. RPM's will be a guess because we don't have a tach. I would start there, adjust the values down a bit in that throttle % and the RPM range you think it is. Save it, send the map to the bike and try it. See what changes it makes

Make sure you save a copy of your original map, and then save the changed copies. Don't make a bunch of changes in different areas at the same time or you won't know what is helping or hindering. I think with some tweaking you can get your map running better.

Best advise, although it costs $$, get the bike set up on a dyno and remove the doubt.

#9 ·
This is the current map I am using with V&H twin slashed staggered and a Cobra Powrflow running 87 octane E10 fuel. It has the 2nd 35mph stutter bump sometimes but seems pretty good everywhere else.

#10 ·
When I'm at work tomorrow, I'll do a screen shot of Cylinder 1 and 2 maps from mine. I've got it to no stuttering at 35 now. It's not at 8's though, I've got it a lot lower, but higher than what it was with the map I uploaded from the dyno set up. I was having to much lean bucking issues holding at the following speeds, 30-40 and 50 MPH.

#11 ·
Yeah, I tried your map that you uploaded and it was wayyyy to lean for my setup and elevation. I also tried Mikoloe's map and it was quite a bit too rich and my bike felt pretty sluggish. It really blows my mind how much difference there can be between these bikes just change air filter and exhaust setups.

#12 ·
The idle circuit on my uploaded map was too lean even for me! He spent so much time on where he thought my RPM and throttle position would be at cruise and it was a tad off. He was going my the Harley revs I guess. We spend a lot of time in the 5-10-15% throttle range. Here's a picture of how I have the map currently set up. It's pretty close I think (I'll know soon, I'm waiting on a confirmation to get it back on the dyno and test and adjust again). He said when I left to ride for a few weeks and let him know and we can fine tune as needed.
My changes are in the 0-15% throttle range up to 3250 RPM.
It is amazing how much of a difference there is. I guess that's why we so many issues with setups on these bikes. What works for one, may not work for the next one.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
I havent been playing with mine too much lately, but I picked up a single band autotuner for the pcv. If you guys want i could set it to target the particular afr and load the maps up if you want.

Right now I'm working on a map without the stock o2 sensor plugged in. when it stops making major adjustments I can load it up for yall to try out. My bike has a k&n filter with the oem intake and v&h twin staggards on it.

#15 ·
#16 ·
I should be getting my PCV today. I would like to get it tuned this week before I head to Daytona but we will see. I have Freedom Performance short curved pipes with a velociraptor intake. Runs like a champ now so I'll have to see how it improves. A ton of backfiring on decel but I really don't mind it. I'll be more than happy to upload the map for everyone.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

#18 ·
i havent been on here in a good while, the map that i have saved for my combo seems decent at sea level, when i get home ill see about getting some pictures of it.

a big help with the tuning with the autotune, that makes it a ton easier to target which ever afr you want to run in the different ranges, like say targeting around a 13.5-13.6 in the cruise ranges and the a 13.2 or so in the power ranges.

handb94: try adding some timing in the 0% throttle range in almost all rpm's, say around 3 or 4 in that column, that should help some with the decel pop you have. The other way you can help it would be adding fuel (not the best way).

#19 · (Edited)
here's the map that ive been running with for a little while, this is made with the pcv autotune, the afr across most of the map is about 13.5-13.6 in the cruise range and 13.2 in the wot range. I havent messed with the timing on this map much to see any difference yet.

This is as sea level, stock airbox with k&n filter, Vance and Hines Twin staggard, with regular fuel with ethanol (e10).

Attachments

#21 ·
I have a 2015 stryker and I am in need for a new map. I have the cobra exhaust with a Barron's Big Sucker. I have been informed my bike is running to lean and it might shut down on me. HELP
What fuel controller do you have? You should be able to search on here using the brand of it and find maps. Do you have Ivan's flash? If not, you'll find that most of the people on here recommend that you do it first. It fixes most of the issues with our strykers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.