Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of Vance and Hines on my bike, I’m getting a bit of backfiring when I downshift. I have replaced the spark plugs and has an aftermarket air filter. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
There's not a lot you can do to adjust that yourself. Best advice to give you, look at getting your ECU sent to Ivan and have it updated. You can waste money on going the fuel tuner route, but you'll wind up not being satisfied.
I would look at Ivan's Performance Tuning and have the reprogramming done. No other tuner required and your bike will thank you for it by running like it should have from the factory

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a set of Vance and Hines on my bike, I’m getting a bit of backfiring when I downshift. I have replaced the spark plugs and has an aftermarket air filter. Any suggestions?
I bought my Stryker a few months ago and it does backfire as well on down shift. I am keeping it this way as I like the sound it makes. Not sure if it hurts anything but the flashing of the ECM may be an option. Do let us know how it goes whatever you decide! Ride on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts